Guys and moobs

Options
I was wondering if some guys would be willing to share their experience with getting rid of Moobs. I have been over weight my whole life, obese for a good part too. As a result I have moobs, I'm down 105lbs from my largest size, but man I got to get rid of these moobs...

Replies

• rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    My man had some little moobs and then started a physical job. They're gone!
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I will have to start hitting the gym again, the last few months I have been focused on cardio and just remaining active and moving around.
  • rockmama72
    Options
    Yeah, he has always been pretty active and walks a ton... 15,000 plus steps a day. But no real muscle work! Within about 2 months of work where he's hefting stuff around, his upper body got all tight and the moobs are gone. He's looking great!
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Wish there was a like button, thanks for the input!
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    My husband does push ups daily. It took about 5 months before they were gone.
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Never had big moobs... but what little I do have goes away just with weight loss. Only upper body workouts I do regularly are pushups, and dips. I find they they are good enough to atleast maintain muscle when done in volume.

I like to do 10x10 sets of pushups and situps. Working back up to that right now with a pyramid routine. I usually start at 10, then do 9, and so on to 1. But on 1, I do as many reps as I can without breaking form.

If they are really bad, consider lifting heavy. I'm already planning to do that once I hit a good weight. Right now, I prefer bodyweight to strengthen my back and core without hurting my knees.
  • seabee78
    seabee78 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    That's good news to hear. I hate my moobs. :'(
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy.
  • rockmama72
    Options
    I will add this--go for pushups PLUS other exercises that challenge the chest area.
  • EzRemake
    EzRemake Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Keep going at it. If they don't go away you might have gynecomastia, and the only way around that is surgery.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    You have to add in strength training to get rid of moobs. From simple push ups to lifting.

• lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Benching will help. My husband was probably 100+ lbs overweight at one point. He lost fat through cardio and diet changes...still had moobs after weight loss. Once he started lifting heavy, the moobs have reduced significantly.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your awesome loss to date!

I'm gonna go ahead and assume that moobs (hehe!) aw mostly fat so regular weight loss should disappear them.

It's doing a number on my lady-moobs and I've got glands and stuff so fat loss should defiantly work on dudes.
  • OneXz
    OneXz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What is the difference between chest fat and gyno?
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    It really depends on exactly why you have gynecomastia as to how easy, or not at all, it will resolve with resistance based exercises/strength training. In other words, not all developed breast tissue in men (since we are all indeed born with glandular breasts) is due to an overall increase in body adiposity alone. There's multiple additional reasons for its occurrence as well.

And then there's the fact that with significant loses in body fat, excess skin/fat in the chest region of some individuals will not resolve completely, no matter how many, or heavy, the weights s/he lifts.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Depends what it is.

If it's pseudogynecomastia it's just adipose fatty tissue. Fat will go in it's own time, as a result of a sustained calorie deficit, yada yada,

Actual glandular breast tissue caused by gynecomastia will most probably need to be surgically removed. There's a possibility that medication may work if used early enough, but I wouldn't fancy taking those sorts of medications.

In both cases, aesthetically the appearance may be improved with increasing pectoral mass, but all the exercise in the world will not remove glandular breast tissue caused by true gynecomastia.