Day by Day ..

Options
Hey all.

I am 5'10, 250 lbs , 25 year old Male.

- I was shocked to find that my weight was 250 lbs ( 113 Kg).
- Just before 2 years I was 174 lbs ( 79 kg). I never reached to a weight more than 180 lbs in my whole life.
- During the last 2 years, I was eating like a monster, 9 meals a day ( YES !)
- Everyone was telling me that I am going to explode, but I didn't care, I just kept eating.
- I woke up, with the determination of loosing weight. I tried for 3-4 days previously to loose weight, but I returned back to my binge eating! BUT THIS TIME NO !
-I know that I should write this topic in " Getting started " section, but I decided to write it in "Success" section because
I felt this section motivates me a lot.
-In this thread, I will keep writing my progress and my nutrition day by day, I know it is not really beneficial to you guys, but I know this will motivate me. I used this method of writing day by day in a studying forum and it really worked.

Replies

• rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! One day at a time!
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Getting started IS a success, in my opinion! You CAN DO THIS!
  • andst5001
    andst5001 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Do whatever you need to do to motivate yourself! And like the person above said....getting started is definitely a success! One day at a time is the way to go. You've got this! :smiley:
  • optimistic1991
    optimistic1991 Posts: 16 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    So my fitness pal says that i should eat 1550 calories in order to loose 2lbs/week.
    Today wasn't' hard until 7 pm when I experienced some headaches.

Day 1
    - 10 A.M > 2 pieces of toast + 1 spoon of Jam = 250 calories
    - 1 PM > 1 banana = 105 calories
    - 4 Pm > 3 cups of cooked eggplant with cooked tomatoes + 1 toast = 600 calories ( estimation !)
    - 6 pm > 1 banana + 1 orange = 160 calories
    - 9 pm > 2 boiled eggs + 1 toast = 250 calories
    - 10 pm > 2 tomatoes = 100 calories
    TOTAL = 1465 calories ( I kept the remaining 85 calories just in case I underestimated my calories intake)

I walked very slowly for 60 minutes and according to MFP this burns 280 calories.

I am not sure if I am doing this right , I mean if my target of calories is 1550, can I eat 1700 and burn 150 calories and thus NET calories intake is 1550 or, I cant eat more than 1550 and cardiovascular exercises don t count?
  • optimistic1991
    Options
    You can do it!! One day at a time!
    2manyhats wrote: »
    You can do it!
    Getting started IS a success, in my opinion! You CAN DO THIS!
    andst5001 wrote: »
    Do whatever you need to do to motivate yourself! And like the person above said....getting started is definitely a success! One day at a time is the way to go. You've got this! :smiley:

thank you guys for your motivating input, wish me luck :D

• TiffanyMSS
    TiffanyMSS Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Remember, if it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you! You can do this! Good luck!
  • JesmineDNCS
    JesmineDNCS Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    If you are using the mfp calculator, you are meant to eat back your exercise calories. Though I have read that most people eat back about half the exercise calories as it's overestimated how much is actually burned.
    Headaches could be due to the dietary change...I sometimes get them when I stop drinking coffee or soda, or if I am dehydrated. Though you should get it checked if it persists.
    All the best in your journey!
  • Annabella402
    Annabella402 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Best of luck. You can do this, just keep taking it a day at a time. Remember to keep moving, get plenty of liquids and eat protein with every meal to keep away the hunger pangs.
  • optimistic1991
    Options
    Day 2

- did not have breakfast because I was late to work.
    - 1 P.M > 2 bars of Kitkat=180 calories
    - 3 P.M> Twister Sandwich (KFC) = 550 calories
    - 6 P.M > noodles=400 calories
    - 8 P.M > 2 boiled eggs + 1 toast=250
    - 9 P.M > 1 orange=50 calories

Total calories=1415

-I am really surprised that although I ate fast food, chocolate, and noodles, but still haven't reached my target calories requirement!! I wish I knew the counting calories thing before I didn't go binge eating all day for the last 2 years.

- I read many times that breakfast is the most important meal, but I am not sure if it is that important !I really liked
    saving some calories for lunch and dinner when I get really tired . Today I didn't experience the same headaches that I experienced yesterday at 7 P.M , so I thinks thats because I saved some calories for the end of the day.

-My co-workers were surprised that I only ordered 1 twister sandwich because I usually order 3 sandwiches with mashed potatoes and Pepsi ( lol ). I didnt want to tell them that I decided to loose weight so I just told them that I feel sick :D

• optimistic1991
    Options
    If you are using the mfp calculator, you are meant to eat back your exercise calories. Though I have read that most people eat back about half the exercise calories as it's overestimated how much is actually burned.
    Headaches could be due to the dietary change...I sometimes get them when I stop drinking coffee or soda, or if I am dehydrated. Though you should get it checked if it persists.
    All the best in your journey!

Interesting ! so to be on the safe side I will divide what MFP calculator gives me by 2. Thank you for the advice.

• optimistic1991
    Options
    Best of luck. You can do this, just keep taking it a day at a time. Remember to keep moving, get plenty of liquids and eat protein with every meal to keep away the hunger pangs.

Thank you for wishing me luck :D
  • jessiefrancine
    jessiefrancine Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Day 2

Total calories=1415

-I am really surprised that although I ate fast food, chocolate, and noodles, but still haven't reached my target calories requirement!! I wish I knew the counting calories thing before I didn't go binge eating all day for the last 2 years.

- I read many times that breakfast is the most important meal, but I am not sure if it is that important !I really liked
    saving some calories for lunch and dinner when I get really tired . Today I didn't experience the same headaches that I experienced yesterday at 7 P.M , so I thinks thats because I saved some calories for the end of the day.

-My co-workers were surprised that I only ordered 1 twister sandwich because I usually order 3 sandwiches with mashed potatoes and Pepsi ( lol ). I didnt want to tell them that I decided to loose weight so I just told them that I feel sick :D

The importance of breakfast is not a universal rule. There are a lot of people here on MFP who practice intermittent fasting - essentially restricting your eating to a set window of time, which often results in skipping breakfast. For example, I usually only eat from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m which is known as 16/8 fasting. I find that if I eat early in the day I just end up being hungrier the rest of the day. And because I only eat during that 8 or so hours, my meals during that time can be bigger and more satisfying because I still have the same number of daily calories to enjoy. There are other fasting variations as well. Some people eat very little for two days a week then eat more the other five - that way their weekly calorie total is all that matters. Others restrict their eating to just a four hour period, or even just one enormous meal each day. It takes some adjustment time and experimenting to find what works for you (intermittent fasting isn't for everyone and that's okay!).

There is an intermittent fasting group on here that you might find helpful if you're interested in learning more. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/49-intermittent-fasting
  • optimistic1991
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Day 3

- As what I did yesterday, I skipped breakfast and I liked it. I think I am gonna skip breakfast as a routine, because I liked the idea of saving some calories for lunch and dinner+ I didn't feel hungry until 1:30 P.M.

-2 P.M >> 2 Home-made delicious burgers + 1 Pepsi diet= 1000 calories. ( I scooped out the inside of the bread & didn't use mayonnaise)

-8 P.M >> 2 boiled eggs + 1 toast =240 calories
    3 tomatoes =99 calories

Total >> 1339 calories

I still have 211 calories remaining but I don't feel hungry at all. looks like tomatoes suppress appetite !
  • optimistic1991
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Day 2

Total calories=1415

The importance of breakfast is not a universal rule. There are a lot of people here on MFP who practice intermittent fasting - essentially restricting your eating to a set window of time, which often results in skipping breakfast. For example, I usually only eat from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m which is known as 16/8 fasting. I find that if I eat early in the day I just end up being hungrier the rest of the day. And because I only eat during that 8 or so hours, my meals during that time can be bigger and more satisfying because I still have the same number of daily calories to enjoy. There are other fasting variations as well. Some people eat very little for two days a week then eat more the other five - that way their weekly calorie total is all that matters. Others restrict their eating to just a four hour period, or even just one enormous meal each day. It takes some adjustment time and experimenting to find what works for you (intermittent fasting isn't for everyone and that's okay!).

There is an intermittent fasting group on here that you might find helpful if you're interested in learning more. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/49-intermittent-fasting

Interesting information. I am happy to hear that. Thank you for your contribution :)

• optimistic1991
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Day 4

exactly the same as yesterday , I added 2 cucumbers because I had constipation this morning, and cucumbers contain fibers that help preventing constipation .

so far everything is good :)
  • optimistic1991
    Options
    So I decided to stop posting what I eat everyday. I will just keep writing what new thing I am doing or changing. and I will write my progress and how much pounds I drop each week.
  • optimistic1991
    Options
    AFTER 1 WEEK.

so after 1 week , my weight is 243 lbs (110.2 kg) . I dropped 7 lbs !! but I know that most of it is just water. I am happy that I am eating much less and able to follow the calories counting thing without any problem. Hopefully next week will be much easier. I will not change anything as long as I am dropping weight. So what I will eat is a lunch of 1000 calories and a dinner of 485 calories, as what I basically did last week.
  • kmleaf
    kmleaf Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm glad that you are finding what works best for you because everyone is different and there are no set "rules". I find it very beneficial to make sure that I drink plenty of water every day but I hate exercise. I know the health benefits but because I have never found an exercise program that I don't detest, I refrain because I know trying to force myself could easily derail my progress. I don't advocate it but it's my way - at least until I change my mind. :) I have lost 95 lbs over the past 9 months but the real inspiration is my 30 year old son. He lost over 250 lbs. You can do this...one day at a time.
  • optimistic1991
    Options
    kmleaf wrote: »
    I'm glad that you are finding what works best for you because everyone is different and there are no set "rules". I find it very beneficial to make sure that I drink plenty of water every day but I hate exercise. I know the health benefits but because I have never found an exercise program that I don't detest, I refrain because I know trying to force myself could easily derail my progress. I don't advocate it but it's my way - at least until I change my mind. :) I have lost 95 lbs over the past 9 months but the real inspiration is my 30 year old son. He lost over 250 lbs. You can do this...one day at a time.

WOW, 95 lbs over 9 months ? Congratulation. What was your weight before you lose the 95 lbs ? ( if I may ask)

I hate exercise too, I suffer from knees and shin pain whenever I try to exercise, so I think I am gonna start exercising after I loose some weight to minimize chances of getting pain in my knees.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!