Quest formula change!!(:

Options
quest is changing their recipe!(: don't know if it's going back to the original, but they definitely heard all the complaints and are changing!(: you can get two free bars to try if you go to their site!!(:

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    m87ijuqw1prw.jpg
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    I hope they keep the splenda ones. We bought a variety pack before going hiking in Yosemite, and some had it, some didn't.

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »
    I hope they keep the splenda ones. We bought a variety pack before going hiking in Yosemite, and some had it, some didn't.

I thought I was the only one who likes the sucralose better most of the time. I don't think there's anything wrong with moderate consumption of artificial sweeteners and I think it's the best-tasting of them all, so...
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    what did they do to the old recipe?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    They're still using the corn fiber but have apparently tweaked other elements to make them taste better.... I though the new formula was revolting and didn't like the use of corn, but interested to see if they've got rid of the foul taste
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    what did they do to the old recipe?

They changed it from isomalto-oligosaccharides to corn soluable fiber. The fiber content went down, it left an after taste and the calories went up. Basically they turned an amazingly tasty protein bar into one that was just meh. In Canada though the stores here never ended up selling the corn soluable fiber ones, I always expected them to change, but they never did.
  • janjunie
    Options
    quest is changing their recipe!(: don't know if it's going back to the original, but they definitely heard all the complaints and are changing!(: you can get two free bars to try if you go to their site!!(:

Do you have a link? I went online and it just said the sample program was not running at this time.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I do like that Quest is at least listening.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    See, I never thought Quest bars were amazing. Good, yes. But I like Power Crunch bars better. Cheaper [$15 vs $25]and tastier, imo. And I've tried almost every flavor of Quest bars out there.
  • Sutnak
    Sutnak Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Where on the site for free bars?
  • Sutnak
    Sutnak Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Found it. quest.to/wehearyou
  • PeiDub
    PeiDub Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I saw this on IG and I just came here to bump this thread because everyone should know this. :)
  • janjunie
    Options
    Sutnak wrote: »
    Found it. quest.to/wehearyou

Thank you :)!
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    This is great news. I always liked the Choc. Chip Cookie Dough bars - then they changed - I haven't bought one in over six months (I used to buy two cases at a time). The fiber content changed in them and one of my MFP peeps said they had, in fact, been modified. I can't wait to try the "improved" ones and hope they truly are. Thanks for this thread!
  • Ironandruns
    Ironandruns Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I miss the way they used be!!!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    This is great news. I always liked the Choc. Chip Cookie Dough bars - then they changed - I haven't bought one in over six months (I used to buy two cases at a time). The fiber content changed in them and one of my MFP peeps said they had, in fact, been modified. I can't wait to try the "improved" ones and hope they truly are. Thanks for this thread!

The ingredient they use for fiber isn't changing.... They're still sticking to the corn fiber they started using when they changed the recipe...
  • janjunie
    Options

The ingredient they use for fiber isn't changing.... They're still sticking to the corn fiber they started using when they changed the recipe...

Really? Too bad. What's changing then?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Bad news they taste exactly the same. Don't get your hopes up like I did. They taste more closely like the old ones, but not as good. They are just mediocre now. When they had their beta testers and new bars sent they sent me some and they were the same consistency and soft like the old bars....but the taste was still not the same. They still had the weird artificial taste to them and were still missing the "addictive" taste that made them so good. (which I am assuming was their perfect blend of protein, iso-IMOS and use of stevia over sucralose). The ones I had were just mediocre. Not fantastic like the old bars were. They weren't unpalatable like the first batches, but they weren't something I would spend the money I was on the old bars for. I prefer many other bars over the "new" new quest bars.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I received an email from them apologizing for changing the recipe and saying they modified it to taste better (although it's not the same formula as the original because they wanted it to be better with blood sugar).
    In addition to this email, they sent me a code to receive two free bars from their website with the new formula to try.
    I haven't tried it yet, but I got it in the mail last night and looked at the nutrition/ingredients list. Same exact calories, same macros, same micros, and even the same darn ingredients list. I doubt they really changed anything, maybe just adjusted the quantity of something if anything was even done at all. Maybe they're hoping a placebo effect will result?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,611 Member
    Options
    My test will be if they really are more soft. Then I'll pay more attention to the flavor.

The hardest ones I've had so far are the s'mores but they weren't a choice, I don't think. The only combo they were sending out (that I liked both of) was the chocolate chip cookie dough/cookies and cream one.