What junk food did you throw away?

So, I am a vegetarian and I generally eat healthy. But, I am still 40 pounds over weight. I know why.

On the top of healthy food (With rice and pasta loaded with disgusting levels of empty carbs) I eat chocolate. A bar and even 2 bars a day (Someone stop importing that Rotter Sport from Germany). And I eat Pizza once a while. Mind you, all of it = a million calories.

The night before I restarted with MFP, which is Jan 18th night, I odered a delivery of a pizza, garlic bread stick bites and brownies. I ate 3 slices of pizza. About 7 or 8 of those vread bites. And then 4 pieces of brownies. I still had a left over of a lot of these. Come morning, My DAY 1 yesterday, I woke up felt disgusted and TRASHED the crap where it belonged. 25$ wasted. But I would swap 25$ vs a million $ medical bills when I grow old and get ill. At this rate, I might not even grow old.

SO. I TRASHED THE PIZZA, BROWNIES AND BREAD BITES.

What did you TRASH?

CHEERS
:)

Replies

• courtniekrebs
    courtniekrebs Posts: 79 Member
    Sour gummy worms and oreos... Yummy. I'm working on getting rid of an extreme Diet Mountain Dew addiction.
  • Yvonnie16
    Yvonnie16 Posts: 67 Member
    Excuse the fat fingers @ Typos LOL
  • Yvonnie16
    Sour gummy worms and oreos... Yummy. I'm working on getting rid of an extreme Diet Mountain Dew addiction.

Get up and Trash them. Actually open the gummy worms bag, trample each one and suish them to their death and pick each dead piece and trash it :) Oreos need to be banned. I did not eat Oreos in 6 years. I DO NOT GO TO OREO ISLE. Now I can't even be tempted. Make it a festival that trashing is fun :)
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Yvonnie16 wrote: »
    So, I am a vegetarian and I generally eat healthy. But, I am still 40 pounds over weight. I know why.

On the top of healthy food (With rice and pasta loaded with disgusting levels of empty carbs) I eat chocolate. A bar and even 2 bars a day (Someone stop importing that Rotter Sport from Germany). And I eat Pizza once a while. Mind you, all of it = a million calories.

The night before I restarted with MFP, which is Jan 18th night, I odered a delivery of a pizza, garlic bread stick bites and brownies. I ate 3 slices of pizza. About 7 or 8 of those vread bites. And then 4 pieces of brownies. I still had a left over of a lot of these. Come morning, My DAY 1 yesterday, I woke up felt disgusted and TRASHED the crap where it belonged. 25$ wasted. But I would swap 25$ vs a million $ medical bills when I grow old and get ill. At this rate, I might not even grow old.

What did you TRASH?

CHEERS

I didn't TRASH anything. Everything that I eat fits my goals and tastes wonderful... so wonderful that tonight, I get to enjoy two cups of cookie-dough ice cream and still finish under my overall goal.

giphy.gif
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    What a lot of emotion to put into food!
    And what a lot of negative labels attached to perfectly ordinary food items.

Maybe tackling your 40lb weight loss goal with logic rather than emotion might help you get there?
    Good luck.
  • Yvonnie16

What did you TRASH?

CHEERS

I didn't TRASH anything. Everything that I eat fits my goals and tastes wonderful... so wonderful that tonight, I get to enjoy two cups of cookie-dough ice cream and still finish under my overall goal.

giphy.gif

Kudos to your self control and portion control. For me, all in or NONE :)

For me, Booo yeahhh junk food. You don't belong in my stomach.

I wish they sold midget pizzas and then I could eat all of it. Since they don't I ban.
  • Yvonnie16
    sijomial wrote: »
    What a lot of emotion to put into food!
    And what a lot of negative labels attached to perfectly ordinary food items.

Maybe tackling your 40lb weight loss goal with logic rather than emotion might help you get there?
    Good luck.

Actually it is emotionless eating. Emotions hit later :) Your perspective is my goal. Healthy portions. Stop when I should while still enjoy in moderation. Right now, I binge. So, I need to stay away. One step at a time. Thank you for the right words. :)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    When I first started my weight loss journey I was an emotional eater, thrust in to the world of clean eating (I didn't realise it then). I couldn't be around treat food as I'd binge on it, so I threw out 30 blocks of Lindt chocolate amongst other things. I used to think I was so awesome when I got to the point where i could walk up and down the sweet/chocolate aisle in the supermarket and not buy any of it, but turn my orthorexic clean eating nose up at it.

Now, after being introduced to flexible dieting, I have a pantry full of stuff I regularly pick up at the shops. We visited the US and I brought back a suitcase full of random things I'd always wanted to try (still getting through the stash over a year later). It doesn't taunt me or tempt me. I have a bit here and there but don't have to binge on it...
  • pineapple1989
    pineapple1989 Posts: 195 Member
    I trashed crisps. It was very sad but a necessary evil, as I seem to have no control when eating them so it's better for me to cut them out completely! :neutral:
  • Yvonnie16
    When I first started my weight loss journey I was an emotional eater, thrust in to the world of clean eating (I didn't realise it then). I couldn't be around treat food as I'd binge on it, so I threw out 30 blocks of Lindt chocolate amongst other things. I used to think I was so awesome when I got to the point where i could walk up and down the sweet/chocolate aisle in the supermarket and not buy any of it, but turn my orthorexic clean eating nose up at it.

Now, after being introduced to flexible dieting, I have a pantry full of stuff I regularly pick up at the shops. We visited the US and I brought back a suitcase full of random things I'd always wanted to try (still getting through the stash over a year later). It doesn't taunt me or tempt me. I have a bit here and there but don't have to binge on it...

Wow. I would probably be crying blood throwing away Lindt chocolate. You are right, at the beginning it is hard to exercise control. Once moderation is reached, it should become easy. I know first hand with Oreos. But I never ate them again though. I want to be able to eat a little here and there once a while and not eat the whole box.

Enjoy your yummy stuff :)
    CHEERS.
  • Yvonnie16
    I trashed crisps. It was very sad but a necessary evil, as I seem to have no control when eating them so it's better for me to cut them out completely! :neutral:

I think once goal is achieved and IF self control can be exercised, may be we both will be able to enjoy the treats in moderation. Good luck to all of us. Cheers :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,799 Member
    What did you TRASH?

Not a thing. :)

• mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member

What did you TRASH?

CHEERS

giphy.gif

Kudos to your self control and portion control. For me, all in or NONE :)

For me, Booo yeahhh junk food. You don't belong in my stomach.

I wish they sold midget pizzas and then I could eat all of it. Since they don't I ban.

You can get individual pizzas or....find a low calorie regular pizza.

I get a frozen pizzen that is 800 cals for the entire, large (standard 12"pizza) thing. And then i eat the entire thing for dinner!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member

I think once goal is achieved and IF self control can be exercised, may be we both will be able to enjoy the treats in moderation. Good luck to all of us. Cheers :)

OP you seem to have this idea that once you reach your weight loss goal, THEN you will learn moderation. Why not start working on moderation now, while you are losing weight, in order to make sustainable long term changes? People who overrestrict for the sake of reaching a specific goal, then try to go back to a different way of eating, often fail. Those who learn how to practice moderation and eat the foods they love while losing weight, often find the transition into maintenance much simpler.

I understand that you may have trigger foods that you want to avoid initially. Lots of people do - but there are also a lot of good strategies for finding ways to incorporate them into your day even while losing weight (not having them in your house at first, then buying only single serving portions, then working your way up to being able to have a container in the house but only eat a single serving at a time, etc).
  • Yvonnie16
    WinoGelato wrote: »

OP you seem to have this idea that once you reach your weight loss goal, THEN you will learn moderation. Why not start working on moderation now, while you are losing weight, in order to make sustainable long term changes? People who overrestrict for the sake of reaching a specific goal, then try to go back to a different way of eating, often fail. Those who learn how to practice moderation and eat the foods they love while losing weight, often find the transition into maintenance much simpler.

I understand that you may have trigger foods that you want to avoid initially. Lots of people do - but there are also a lot of good strategies for finding ways to incorporate them into your day even while losing weight (not having them in your house at first, then buying only single serving portions, then working your way up to being able to have a container in the house but only eat a single serving at a time, etc).

That is some brilliant advice. I have to work on my All on or None attitude to Moderation. Since I just started I will stay away and then will keep your words in mind. Thank you.
  • Yvonnie16
    Machka9 wrote: »
    What did you TRASH?

• massaoli
    massaoli Posts: 170 Member
    I enjoy food too much to throw it away. I am getting better at listening to my body, and I am better able to distinguish emotional from (physical) hunger. I find it difficult to avoid eating at night after coming home from work. I know that it's easier not to have anything, than just to have a little snack. Many times I start to eat a bite of something, and before I have time to think, I'll already have consumed plenty of unnecessary calories and regret it in the morning. Best of luck to all of you!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    I meant to trash the Cheetohs, but didn't. I finished them instead. BUT... I refuse to buy more. Well, maybe a snack pack that I can fit into my day, but no more giant bags.

Cheetohs, it's true love :heart:
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    The other day I had to throw out sprinkles and decorative icing tubes.... Because I don't need a cupcake to eat icing and sprinkles -_- :wink:
  • Yvonnie16
    Machka9 wrote: »
    What did you TRASH?

massaoli wrote: »
    I enjoy food too much to throw it away. I am getting better at listening to my body, and I am better able to distinguish emotional from (physical) hunger. I find it difficult to avoid eating at night after coming home from work. I know that it's easier not to have anything, than just to have a little snack. Many times I start to eat a bite of something, and before I have time to think, I'll already have consumed plenty of unnecessary calories and regret it in the morning. Best of luck to all of you!

:) I start with good intentions. Moderation is such a blessing. Aiming to be moderate. Good luck :)