Valentines Day

Options

Replies

• rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Wow, 2008! This has to be the most distant zombie thread ever!
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    Omg! I didn't even notice. Good eye there.
  • starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I go the day after and buy candy for 70% off... does that count. My guy and I both agree that holidays created to cause consumerism are pretty worthless to us. We just make sure the other knows they are loved all the time.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i like to leave myself open. ask me that morning and i might. maybe. have an answer LOL
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I might get my wife a card. I'll definitely make her Chicken Parmigiana (with the caveat that she WILL be required to listen to AND laugh at endless variants of lame "pounding meat" jokes while I'm preparing the cutlets - that's her gift to me, I ask for nothing else). We'll say we'll watch a movie, but we know that means "watch the opening credits for a movie then fall asleep on the couch".

Years ago we decided that V-Day was kind of pointless and contrived, and with 2 young kids, we didn't want to be spending money on gifts and fancy dinners while we were still trying to pay xmas bills. The money's not a problem 21 years later, but now this is just how we do v-day.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Holy zombie thread

I requested the week off of work, and since I usually go in at 4 AM on Sundays (when V-Day falls this year), I will hopefully spend a good portion of the day in bed and save calories up for my niece's first birthday party later in the week.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    rybo wrote: »
    Wow, 2008! This has to be the most distant zombie thread ever!

Oh geez. 2008 seems like a lifetime ago.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Going to watch a rerun of last years rugby challenge cup final at wembley. Coz im single and I can do what I want. Im also gonna buy myself some Urban Decay make up, Naked 3, coz im so worth it!

Go Rhinos!
  • Miss_Mabee
    Miss_Mabee Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Its a week before our anniversary but we still like to celebrate. Some years its dinner at home with some wine and a blues record on. Just have a few drinks and some laughs and maybe a couple dances after dinner. Other years we find a cute restaurant that isn't too busy. This year maybe thai or maybe just go out for some pho and then head back home for the wine and blues.
    This year Family Day falls on the same weekend so we actually get a long weekend for VDay in Ontario :)
  • Miss_Mabee
    Miss_Mabee Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!, I am thinking fine wine, fine food and sex. that's my Valentines.

yes... this lol
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    banks1850 wrote: »
    I will be crying into my checkbook. I just bought my wife something she has been wanting for a long time, a Movado watch. The look on her face when she open's it though, it will be worth it. As for what we will be doing, hopefully the watch earns me some *ahem* affection (if you catch my drift). Not that that's why I bought it but...I AM a guy. :bigsmile:

I always thought the grossly overgeneralizing negative stereotype of men believing in "earning" sex through ordinary actions things like spending more than $100 on a gift/dinner or doing the dishes was exactly that. Now? No longer so sure... :no_mouth:

Valentine's Day has lost all meaning and is a commercial travesty these days. Some stores actually had their displays up before Christmas Day this year. Yeah...won't be supporting that financially.

If the weather's nice, and the snow still good, I'll probably go snowshoeing with the pups. Then come home and eat some of the chocolates The Dad still sends every year like he has since I was a child. He may have forgotten my birthday one year because a lot of family drama was going on around the same time but he's never forgotten to send a Valentine (even if it is food) to his only daughter. D'awww <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    Valentine's Day?
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    This is my first ever not-single valentine's day. We're probably going to the cinema or something.
  • runeatrunlive
    runeatrunlive Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have a 10 mile run planned for that day and want to celebrate it with a big Carvery! The be is happy as it's probably the cheapest Valentine's Day plan that he's had to pay for!
  • PunkRockChris
    PunkRockChris Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah... that's coming up! Prob out chatting up the single ladies who don't have valentines
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    That's almost a month ahead. My SO does not plan that far in advance...neither do I, actually, as I don't have my February schedule yet.

Maybe Latin dancing and some Vietnamese food, maybe staying home to cook something nice and do some bachata in the living room. <--not a euphemism
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    A massage and facial that my husband got me for Christmas then out to dinner on saturday. My husband's birthday is Valentine's day so then we'll probably pick up the kids from my mom and go out to eat with her. Lots of eating out so it'll be tough for me to make good choices
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    I think there's a big cycling event on that weekend. If we don't do that, we'll probably go cycling somewhere on our own.
  • perhapsormaybe
    perhapsormaybe Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hopefully seeing Deadpool.
  • angelamichelle_xo
    angelamichelle_xo Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    whats a zombie thread!