I have a cold and don't wanna cook!!!

Options
angelraena
angelraena Posts: 6 Member
edited January 2016 in Motivation and Support
Hi My Fitness Pal I need help my two year old and I are both sick and now all I want to do is eat junk food because I don't want to cook any suggestions on things that are healthy and fast and easy would be greatly appreciated

Replies

• lindsayh87
    lindsayh87 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Soups! While many are high in sodium it's still probably better than junk! Campbell's has an organic chicken noodle soup with Elsa & Ana from Frozen on the box that my 2 and 4 year old love. Soups are relatively low in calorie and easy to make! If you do feel up to cooking of course, homemade chicken noodle soup is easy to make! I made some earlier this week; and tonight we had homemade lite clam chowder. SO filling and only 247 calories per serving.

Good luck and feel better soon!
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Go pick up Thai chicken soup! The ginger & lime will make you feel fabulous. Go! Scoot!
  • angelraena
    angelraena Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank u
  • Rnz123
    Rnz123 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I know this might not help now, but from now on keep some marinated chicken breasts in your freezer. On a busy/lazy/sick day, just pop them in the oven and you're good to go! Serve them with steamed vegetables and there you have it- a healthy meal that won't take more than 5 minutes of prep. You can also buy some frozen fish burger patties (150 calories), toss em in the oven and serve with a whole wheat bun and tartar sauce. Shouldn't cost you more than 350 calories :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    I'd go with soup as well.

I had dental work done on Tuesday and was not feeling all that well Tuesday evening. I also couldn't chew. Pumpkin soup with Jodhpur Lentils (http://tastybite.com/products/jodhpur-lentils/) mixed in, and topped with a little bit of grated cheese just hit the spot.