Losing over 100+ lbs.

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Ashley and I'm 25. I've been overweight since I was 5-years old. I've only been on MFP for about 10 days now and my goal is to lose about 150 pounds. Right now I weigh 280 pounds which is a lot for a 5' woman. My goal is to get to 130 and be as fit as I can be. I've Never really been at a heathly weight so I don't know what it's even like. I've been doing cardio and strength training since I started but am going slow with it because this weight gives me many limitations from all the knee and back pain I've have the past few years. I have been working through the pain though. I am very determined to live a healthy lifestyle. I just need some friend's that have similar goals to help me through this journey and help them too.
Thanks, Ash

Replies

• Priss08
    Priss08 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You can add me. We're the same age and have similar goals. I've lost 115 lbs so far with 45 more to go. You can do this. Just take it one day at a time.
  • stephc002
    stephc002 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    @Priss08 congrats! That's amazing! I am also trying to lose 100+lbs (118 to be exact). Just getting started again after a 9 month setback. Good luck, and feel free to add me! I can use all the motivation and support I can get!
  • amberhayes1982
    amberhayes1982 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your journey. I would enjoy following your progress and you can follow mine. I'm a single mom of 3. I will be 34 next month and I want to lose at least 175 lbs. about 6 yrs ago I lost 60 lbs but gained it all and double back so I am ready to be happy, healthy and pain free with energy. I can use as much motivation and support I can get and I want to motivate and support others. So in open to any positive friend request.
  • cheri634
    cheri634 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Me too! I've been on MFP for a few months and I like the way tracking keeps me mindful. I am short and am wanting to lose about 100 to 120. Let's do this!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    good for you for figuring it out early!!! i wish i had changed myself 30 years ago. Its doable. check out the success stories section, read everything, (ignore a lot of it). at times you may feel like you screwed up, or can't go on, but you can. every minute you have an opportunity to make a great choice!
  • gkingbr
    gkingbr Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    good luck in you weight-loss journey.
    i am trying to lose 150+ lbs too
  • becca_rup23
    becca_rup23 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 and also trying to lose about 100 pounds. I'll add you!
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    My goal is 150 as well. Just over halfway so far!