Does anyone else sweat exceedingly?

Options

Replies

• fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I've always been drenched after a workout. If I'm not, I feel like I didn't work hard enough. I love it.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Why not at the very least, bring a change of shirt? I understand not wanting to shower there, but to go home that sweaty? Just have one shirt that you repack each day to wear home, and then shower at home.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Why not at the very least, bring a change of shirt? I understand not wanting to shower there, but to go home that sweaty? Just have one shirt that you repack each day to wear home, and then shower at home.

Considering it, lol.
  • bonsmom
    bonsmom Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym. I sweat a ton, in every class. It's dripping off of me, even my legs are dripping. I have friends that wear makeup, even fake eyelashes to the gym. No way can I do that. I change my shirt and put on a baseball hat to cover the sweaty hair when I am through. I don't really care, I've lost 35 lbs. I'm fit and I'm happy.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    When I finish a ride, I usually look like I was riding in the rain.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I *think* about exercise and im drenched.

I have a swrat headband (a bondi band...the most fabulously absorbant headband i can find), and i have to literally WRING it out every 4 miles on long runs. Its disgusting.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    I sweat, I hate the feel of sweat. I now do most of my cardio in the pool. It feels so nice. No sweat.

Cheers, h.
  • ontosinc297
    ontosinc297 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I sweat like crazy whenever I run or do any cardio for that matter. It's like a faucet gets turned on there's nothing I can do to stop it. And it keeps going well after I stop working out. I can literally wring by shirt out after even a short run when it's hot out.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    well never put all of us in one room. we would all drown lol
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Options
    Excessive sweating is a sign of perimenopause. See an endocrinologist
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Excessive sweating is a sign of perimenopause. See an endocrinologist

Maybe for excessive sweating when you're not doing anything that would warrant sweating...I think it's pretty normal to sweat during a vigorous workout.

If I'm wrong, I better tell a bunch of the 20 and 30 something ladies at my gym that they're about to go into menopause rather than slapping them on the back and telling them "great workout."
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i literally dont sweat and it drives me crazy because i feel like im not doing anything. Even when we are in the sauna my husband looks like he is showering and i dont have a drop of sweat on me except around my forhead.. ugh what is wrong with me haha.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I sweat a lot while working out, but I'm pretty sure it's hereditary. My grandpa and dad are the same way.
  • HorrorGeekLiz
    HorrorGeekLiz Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Those of you too embarrassed to work out in a gym because you're "too sweaty" - you're cheating yourself. If you want to use a gym, use it. A gym is a sweaty place. Wipe off the machine and don't care at all about "the looks". "The Looks" come from ignorant people who put other people down to make themselves feel better.

At some point you must learn that Dr. Seuss knew his stuff, and the opinion of those strangers means absolutely nothing. "Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." Be who you are. Your body is what it is - strut your sweat and feel good in knowing it's doing a great job at keeping you cool.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    @Heartisalonelyhunter, It can be a sign of menopause, but at 62 I am well past that.

Cheers, h.
  • tempamatic
    tempamatic Posts: 10 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I sweat buckets, too, and it can often be embarrassing. But it shouldn't be. I think there's a basic misunderstanding of what sweat actually is. It is not at all the same thing as other human waste products. It's mostly water by a huge percentage, with the next most prevalent ingredient in it being sodium. Even that is only present in the amount of 0.9 gram/liter. That is a very small amount.

Even less prevalent is the amount of urea in human perspiration, which is present at barely measurable trace amounts.

So perspiration is almost ALL water. You are not peeing when you sweat, and it is not "gross." In fact, you will die if you don't sweat enough. It is what makes us human. It made it so we have the ability to run longer distances than any other animal, and gives us the ability to "persistence hunt."

Through the ages, persistence hunting made us the king of the beasts. We could wound an animal and then chase it down -- for miles and miles -- until it was exhausted, and we humans could just keep on going and going, because we sweat and stay cool, running farther than them all! Other animals can run faster than us, but only for short distances. There is not one that can run farther than human beings. So celebrate sweat! It is one of the reasons why we are here.
  • kathryn2130
    kathryn2130 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have always sweated a lot but after I had my hysterectomy and menopause started it has been much worse.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    i literally dont sweat and it drives me crazy because i feel like im not doing anything. Even when we are in the sauna my husband looks like he is showering and i dont have a drop of sweat on me except around my forhead.. ugh what is wrong with me haha.

underactive sweat glands? I had that before I had kids. no matter how hot it was I wouldnt sweat. then I had kids and that fixed the issue for me. but not sweating and sweating excessively for some could be a sign of a medical condition as well. so if worried talk to your dr
  • angelamichelle_xo
    angelamichelle_xo Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    nah, i barely sweat, it's odd.
  • wrighty11146
    wrighty11146 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I sweat loads, but I see it as motivation as I know im working hard, if im now sweating enough, im probably slacking :D