Hi, I'm new.

Options
I am brand new to this app. I do not have a large social circle so it severely limits my workout and fitness buddies so I am always looking for friends who push me to do better for my body and self in general. I have an addiction to Dr Pepper, Cheese pizza, and cereal so it's good to have friends to talk me through my cravings for sugary greasy carbey things. I like to run when I can and I do T-25 or other home workouts when I can't. I am a calorie counter from way back and a big believer in the earlier you start and stop eating in the day, the more weight you lose. I don't have a lot of fat to lose, just 7 lbs but I would like to maintain my happy weight and try to make sure I am getting vitamins in with my calories.

Replies

• Maldred85
    Maldred85 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi New, im Chris =)
  • mgeeq
    mgeeq Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Meg! I'm also relatively new. I joined a couple of years ago but didn't keep it up. I'm trying to be more consistent now. The whole New Year thing. I'm thinking that logging food will help keep me honest and on-track. I just lost 15 pounds on the Nutrisystem diet. I didn't feel like that was a good long-term plan for me, but I was logging everything daily. I think that helped me to be more conscious of what food choices I was making.

As for exercise, I also think that's a really important piece and I want to be more consistent with that, too. I'm a swimmer, not a runner. I think just moving a little each day is better than not at all.

What do you like about MFP? What tools do you plan to use? I'm still trying to feel it out for myself.
  • MegDenae
    MegDenae Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    mgeeq wrote: »
    Hi Meg! I'm also relatively new. I joined a couple of years ago but didn't keep it up. I'm trying to be more consistent now. The whole New Year thing. I'm thinking that logging food will help keep me honest and on-track. I just lost 15 pounds on the Nutrisystem diet. I didn't feel like that was a good long-term plan for me, but I was logging everything daily. I think that helped me to be more conscious of what food choices I was making.

As for exercise, I also think that's a really important piece and I want to be more consistent with that, too. I'm a swimmer, not a runner. I think just moving a little each day is better than not at all.

What do you like about MFP? What tools do you plan to use? I'm still trying to feel it out for myself.

I like the calorie counting but since the things are added by individuals it is tricky to know what is accurate.. :) I really like that you can make friends to help each other out. I have a busy schedule and tiny social circle so it is hard to meet new people, especially with a common goal. About nutrisystem, I agree. Good for quick weight loss but not really sustainable long term. Monitoring intake vs output I think is the way to go. You are a swimmer, eh? I only dog paddle but it does seem like a great workout hobby. I run because I live in a country area with with no pool access or I might learn to swim, so much easier on the joints! Thanks for your reply!!
  • MegDenae
    MegDenae Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Maldred85 wrote: »
    Hi New, im Chris =)

Hi Chris! Hope you're doing well.
  • kfm6
    kfm6 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 56 and down 34 pounds with another 25 to go. Friend me if you are interested in providing mutual support. Good luck.