Time to shred for the wedding!!

iluvbep
iluvbep Posts: 8 Member
I weighed in this morning at 162lbs which is the most I have ever weighed in at. I have never been above the 140lb mark for my 5'6 frame and I have decided enough is enough! I am looking to lose around 30lbs for my upcoming wedding in June on Catalina island (bikini- ah!!) and I'm looking for some accountability buddies! Anyone else have a wedding they are looking to slim down for??

Replies

• iluvbep

Here are my before photos... Hoping for some amazing after photos in the next few months!

wwgz6lz6ui32.jpeg
    dl7g3yr2qehz.jpeg
  • Caitoriri
    Caitoriri Posts: 87 Member
    I'm getting married, but I'm not having a wedding (maybe some kind of little party?)... but I'm still looking to slim down, just for me. :)
    I'm trying to lose the last stubborn 10lbs, and I'd be happy to be one of your accountability buddies!
    (And congratulations, btw!)
  • iluvbep
    Caitoriri wrote: »
    I'm getting married, but I'm not having a wedding (maybe some kind of little party?)... but I'm still looking to slim down, just for me. :)
    I'm trying to lose the last stubborn 10lbs, and I'd be happy to be one of your accountability buddies!
    (And congratulations, btw!)

Thank you!! Congrats to you too! When is your wedding? The last 10lbs is always the hardest.. I feel like my weight has been going all over the place for the past year and I don't know how to make it stop anymore.
  • Caitoriri
    Caitoriri Posts: 87 Member
    We have no idea, hahaha. Talk about disorganized. It's a while off yet, though we have a trip to Okinawa coming up in May... meaning beaches and bikinis in the near future for me too!
    I took up distance running last year, which has stopped my weight from going up, but now it's just kind of sitting around 130lbs (I'm only like, 5'3) and my body fat% is a little too high for my liking. I guess I need to do more strength training.
  • chloemoir775
    chloemoir775 Posts: 7 Member
    edited January 2016
    Hey guys! Awesome to read how motivated you both are to make some changes leading up to your wedding. I would definitely recommend you include resistance training and cardio based exercises. Doing weights will help you to maintain muscle, increase your metabolism and speed up the fat burning ability of your body!!

[Edited by MFP Mods]
  • SelenaHernandez3
    SelenaHernandez3 Posts: 4 Member
    I'll be an accountability buddy! I am not getting married but I need some accountability too!!!
  • rhyscycles
    rhyscycles Posts: 29 Member
    Add me for accountability!!!!
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Congrats everyone! I got married in July and I lost 50 total, but only the last 25 before the wedding and that took me about 9 months and I was quite aggressive. I want to throw out there that it is really important to have a plan for AFTER the wedding too. It is really easy to gain after, I gained about 10 pounds because I went TOO aggressive before the wedding (fortunately I was still in my healthy BMI). Make sure whatever you choose it is sustainable :smile: . Plus, the best part of the wedding is that you are getting married! It will be a special day no matter what!
  • golfergirl92
    golfergirl92 Posts: 79 Member
    Getting married in May! Got my dress but could still stand to lose about 20 pounds off my 5'10" frame....just got back to lifting regularly with some cardio after moving again. Add me! :)
  • krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    Hey gorgeous ladies!

I'm getting married in April and have no real hopes of losing weight before then. If I can tone up a bit, I'll be happy, and my average loss is a pound a week so I may be able to get about 12lbs down by then. We'll see! I should have been more aggressive a while ago but c'est la vie. Hindsight is 20/20! I am definitely on board for accountability!
  • HughesC82
    HughesC82 Posts: 16 Member
    Getting married next year and looking to lose about 30lbs. I'll be an accountability buddy!
  • carlykay42
    carlykay42 Posts: 5 Member
    I'm getting married in July and looking to lose about 20 pounds :) I would love to be an accountability buddy!!
  • cmr3399
    cmr3399 Posts: 80 Member
    Not getting married but going away in the beginning of April and hoping to finally get that ring!!!!! Looking to lose at least 12lbs by then.. 50 over all... I need Major accountability... and BTW CONGRATS!!!!!
  • lemonartichoke
    lemonartichoke Posts: 8 Member
    I'm getting married in September and would love some more accountability partners. Looking to lose 20-25 lbs!

PS I'm jealous you're getting married on Catalina!
  • perhapsormaybe
    perhapsormaybe Posts: 28 Member
    Getting married in April and I'm around your height and weight, iluvbep. Feel free to add me if you wish.
  • Shellz_
    Shellz_ Posts: 12 Member
    congrats to everyone getting married!! I'm not getting married just turning 21 in August and would like to look good for the bikinis! I wouldn't mind an accountability buddy :)
  • cpaulino4
    cpaulino4 Posts: 12 Member
    Hey girl. I also aim to lose for the big day. The day after mystery man popped thr question i knew i had to lose some blubber. I'm 5'2 and I weigh 138 lbs. I want to lose 20 pounds. Message/add me on here. It would be great if we could motivate each other. :)
  • ontosinc297
    ontosinc297 Posts: 43 Member
    edited January 2016
    Hey guys! Awesome to read how motivated you both are to make some changes leading up to your wedding. I would definitely recommend you include resistance training and cardio based exercises. Doing weights will help you to maintain muscle, increase your metabolism and speed up the fat burning ability of your body!!

Great advice right here!
  • 20likenow
    20likenow Posts: 40 Member
    I want to loose about 25-30 also for my sisters wedding in June!! Down 9lbs so far. You got this!!
  • luv2bowl6
    luv2bowl6 Posts: 62 Member
    I am not getting married but a bridesmaid in a wedding in florida in August. I would love to lose between 40 and 50 lbs before then. I started this in the beginning of January and staying on track of losing 2lbs a week.