In Distress

Options
Hi there!
I haven't been on here for a long time, too many things in life keep blindsiding me. I really need to lose weight, and now am suffering extreme back, hip and leg pain. Exercise is very difficult. I have been trying different foods to see what my stomach can handle. I have discovered that I cannot eat tomatoes, celery, cucumbers, any type of nut, any type of lettuce, bananas, strawberries, cherries, or any other fruit. How, if I am to lose weight, will I be able to if my stupid stomach goes haywire when I try to eat healthier?! I can't handle fried food, which is a plus. The only thing my system will accept without rebelling, is pasta and bread...
What do I do?!!!!! I am so frustrated, and I honestly don't know what to do! There is a weight loss program I could sign up for, but it costs $78 a week, and I just can't afford that right now either.
Please help me!!!

Replies

• CherryChan81
    CherryChan81 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    start logging all your food and weight them to the last grams (maybe aim for 1500kcal per day for a more sustainable weight loss progress)... diet/food is more critical for weight loss than exercise...
  • Maaike84
    Maaike84 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Please see a doctor. Overreacting to so many different foods is not normal. And in the meantime - losing weight is about a calorie deficit - so you can do it eating just pasta and bread, as long as you limit your intake of those so as to be in a calorie deficit.
  • dangerdriscoll
    dangerdriscoll Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    When you say 'haywire' what do you mean?
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    No don't pay that money. All the support you need is here on mfp.
    I've just written something that might help you on setting goals, I'll link to it
    Can your GP help you, refer you to a dietician perhaps?
    Try posting a list of what you can eat in the recipe section and see if someone can come up with some ideas for you
  • sjgoos
    sjgoos Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Haywire, as in, if I attempt to eat any of that stuff, my stomach bloats, cramps, feels like it has twisted into a knot, and in 5 minutes, I will be in the bathroom.
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Have you had bloods taken, test for ibs etc?
  • sjgoos
    sjgoos Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have been tested for IBS, and have also been diagnosed with PCOS... I keep asking to have my thyroid tested, but they keep saying everything must be fine since I keep gaining weight. They also say it's normal to have a nice "beard" factor growing on my chin, losing my hair on top of my head... Very frustrating when they don't listen! I will try that cinnamon factor, and see if that helps! Thank you for those posts :)
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    sjgoos wrote: »
    I have been tested for IBS, and have also been diagnosed with PCOS... I keep asking to have my thyroid tested, but they keep saying everything must be fine since I keep gaining weight. They also say it's normal to have a nice "beard" factor growing on my chin, losing my hair on top of my head... Very frustrating when they don't listen! I will try that cinnamon factor, and see if that helps! Thank you for those posts :)

They do listen. They gave you a PCOS diagnosis, which explains these symptoms. Weight loss will help you manage these symptoms and so will exercise. There are meds, but realistically, without lifestyle changes, the meds alone will not help.
    Log your food. Eat at the goal MFP gives you. Even if you are going to eat your calories in pasta alone, you will lose weight if you stick to your calorie goal.
    But, regardless of whether you eat 2000 or 20000 calories, if you have a very limited food variety you can eat, this is not normal and sooner or later your health will be affected. Get a dr appointment and discuss your digestive issues. Either there is some intolerances, and you need to know which ones and how to get all the nutrients your body needs, or you just need to let your body adapt gradually to a more varied diet. But you need a dr to help you figure out what is going on.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    sjgoos wrote: »

That's most definitely a hormone problem, I'd ask for more tests.