Middle age woman needing to lose 25-30 pounds

Options
2»

Replies

• sandi4711
    sandi4711 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey, I've been on and off here for a while and am back again - I just need the extra accountability to keep me on track with my nighttime snacking, more than anything. My big focus is clean eating, portion control, and getting in a workout every morning. I try to surround myself with healthy, supportive people, and it sounds like you'd be a great addition to those surroundings - if you want, find me on Facebook - Sandi Prosnitz. We can cheer each other on.
  • Imomw2016
    Imomw2016 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 47 and am working on losing 25 lbs. All the posts sound like we should form a group! Good luck to all of you - you're all going to crush your weight loss goals!
  • traci1963
    traci1963 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. I am in my mid 50's needing to lose a few pounds and get WAY more active than setting at a desk all day or parked on the sofa watching tv.
    Anyone willing to be friends......let me know!

• traci1963
    traci1963 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I'm 52 and have 30 lbs. to lose. Have been saying I will lose this weight for 10 years now, and seem to add a couple of pounds every year. Starting today. Kept track of my calories - 1350 and did a 2 mile walk with Leslie Sansone. One day down.
  • barbpl65
    barbpl65 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! Every little change is bringing that much closer to your goal!
  • stjohnl66
    stjohnl66 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow, there's a lot of us here. I'm turning 50 this year and if that isn't enough, my daughter is getting married in August. How's that for motivation?
  • sarinabrown334
    sarinabrown334 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
  • barbpl65
    Options
    stjohnl66 wrote: »
    Wow, there's a lot of us here. I'm turning 50 this year and if that isn't enough, my daughter is getting married in August. How's that for motivation?

Congratulations!! That sounds like great motivation!
  • barbpl65
    Options
    UGH...guests in the office means people are ordering lunch. I will stick with my boring healthy lunch...even though the pizza smells really good. Have not been on track long enough to let myself fall off of it.
  • StaceyS51
    StaceyS51 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm 51 (closer to 52) Trying to be a healthier me. I found MFP about 2 weeks ago when I bought my fitness tracker. I started making changes to my lifestyle the end of last year, so far I have lost 11 pounds and working on more, 3 of those pounds were after joining MFP. I could stand to lose 50 pounds or more. Good luck to all! :)
  • nubian101
    nubian101 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a British woman aged 51 with 30 pounds to lose in total. I joined here when I got my Misfit Shine activity band for Christmas. I've lost 9 pounds since Boxing day, walking 4 miles a day and eating sensibly, 21 to go! I'd love some friends but have no idea how to do it!
  • cpickering24
    cpickering24 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi I will be 48 next week need to lose 30-40 lbs. Great to have motivators around! Add me as a friend
  • cpickering24
    Options
    nubian101 wrote: »
    Hi! I am a British woman aged 51 with 30 pounds to lose in total. I joined here when I got my Misfit Shine activity band for Christmas. I've lost 9 pounds since Boxing day, walking 4 miles a day and eating sensibly, 21 to go! I'd love some friends but have no idea how to do it!

• cpickering24
    Options
    Hi Nubian101 I am so new to this just figuring it all out. Had a tough week seeing all my fav foods are not so great when counting calories! Ughhh but still doing my best!
  • morey235
    morey235 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm 49 years old with 49lbs to lose. I'm always looking for "friends" who are interested in supporting one another. So happy4252010 and anyone else reading this post, please feel free to add me!

• sarinabrown334
    sarinabrown334 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm new here looking for motivated friends
  • dbahelenparr
    dbahelenparr Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! I think I fit right in here, I'm 47 and would like to lose 20 - 25 lbs, 30 - 35 lbs would be fan-flippin-tastic (can I say that?), but I'd be very pleased with with 20 - 25. I'm trying to do this by eating real foods sensibly and walking every day, no quick fixes, just long-term healthy choices. Hoping to lock this down for good with friendly support, especially from likeminded ladies.
  • countryspiritedwmn
    countryspiritedwmn Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi. I will be 46 in March. You can add me. I want to lose 25 pounds and get in to better shape and health. Anyone else can add me as well :)
  • kfm6
    kfm6 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 56 and down 34 pounds with another 25 to go. Friend me if you are interested in providing mutual support. Good luck.
  • BeBe4evr
    BeBe4evr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm always willing to support and always looking for support in return. Add me and I will help tug you along. BeBe