How are your New Years' Resolutions going?

Options
kiela64
kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
edited January 2016 in Motivation and Support
I have a love/hate relationship with resolutions. They feel cliche, but every new "starting point" in a year (new semester, the beginning of summer, etc) generally comes with some goals, whether or not they're "resolutions." I've had a bad habit of creating gigantic lists of big things that I want to accomplish that never get done. So my goal this year was to make some reasonable, achievable goals, just to make things super meta lol :)

And I'm really excited/surprised, because so far I've kept most of them. My room is still clean! My office is still more or less organized! I've been doing yoga nearly every morning (except for a break when I was getting too sore)! I've been consistently getting up before 7am most days, with the occasional sleep in that's still before 8! No more sleeping in until noon on weekends! I haven't joined any clubs, but I'm on top of my assignments. And I've started cooking and freezing lunches for the week. So all in all I think I've got about an 80% win, which has never happened before and I'm very excited :smiley:

How are you doing with your goals (weight/fitness related or not) for the new year? Have they had to change at all? Did you have to let go of any? How are you feeling about 2016 so far?

Replies

• DoubleTheLove
    DoubleTheLove Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm 2.5 weeks with no soda! I was a horrible, horrible soda drinker. It was the only thing I'd drink now I don't think about it during the day. I am super, super proud of myself for that. My other resolution was that I wanted to reach my goal weight by January of next year. It would boil down to about 5 pounds a month and this month I'm already at a 6 pound loss so I'm on track. :) I just want to be healthy overall by next year.
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I'm 2.5 weeks with no soda! I was a horrible, horrible soda drinker. It was the only thing I'd drink now I don't think about it during the day. I am super, super proud of myself for that. My other resolution was that I wanted to reach my goal weight by January of next year. It would boil down to about 5 pounds a month and this month I'm already at a 6 pound loss so I'm on track. :) I just want to be healthy overall by next year.

Ahh that's fantastic! Congrats :)