One year down a lifetime to go! 96lbs down PICS

Options
Hello fellow MFPers! My name is Tessa I'm 27 from Minnesota! I'm so excited to share my first year and my success thus far in my journey. My starting weight was 350 pounds, yes you read that right 350 pounds!
Was I always fat/overweight? No I wasn't I use to be very athletic and loved to play sports. That's until we moved to a new city when I was in middle school. I was immediately bullied beyond belief. I'm naturally very shy and reserved and I was an easy target. I joined different sports in hopes to make new friends in this new city. Instead my self esteem was continuously crushed by my peers. I distinctly remember the girls on the volley ball team serving the ball on purpose to my head instead of over the net,then laughing uncontrollably at me. I soon quit all sports and began being very sedentary. School over all was a huge nightmare for me and I barely graduated. Fast forward years later my self esteem was still low and I never fully got back into being active again. I had tried but nothing ever stuck for long. I continued to do what I knew and found comfort in food. The day I knew I had to make a change for good was the day my son was born(he's now almost 2). My mom growing up was what I described as a SUPER MOM. She did everything. She took care of 4 young kids and did day care all on her own. She is the best example of a mother I could think of and I knew I wanted to give my son the same kind of mom. I also knew there was no way I could be that kind of mother at 350 pounds. I decided once I was done breastfeeding and could truly commit I'd once and for all lose the weight and become the person I've always wanted to be.
My new life began January 18th 2015. I started with Jillian Michael dvds, walking, and counting my calories. It was NOT easy at first. Trying to workout with almost 200 extra pounds on my body was rough but I knew I had to do it this time, this was my time. I continued to push and push and push and pounds kept coming off. When I started I could barely walk 20 minutes at a pretty slow speed. I'm now able to walk at least 40 minutes 6 days a week and I can do intervals of running for minutes at a time during my workouts. As far as my diet goes I try to mostly eat healthy. But as long as I'm within my calories and maybe I want a piece of candy every once and while, I allow myself to have it. But I have much healthier and better portions. I've still enjoyed every holiday and every party which we have many eating what I want during those then getting back to it. Right before Christmas this year we lost my beloved Grandpa. The combination of that and Christmas resulted in a gain for me. But I picked myself back up and got back to my workouts and eating healthy and before I knew it that gain was gone.
This journey has been amazing. I feel better than I've ever felt as an adult. I know everyday that I'm a healthy happy example to my son and that's truly priceless. Now has my journey been perfect, NO far from it. But I continue to work everyday on bettering myself. Thanks everyone on MFP for the support! And to those not on here that give me support everyday such as my amazing fiance. I want people to know they can do this with out special pills, fad diets or things like that. Set up a schedule for yourself and stick with it no excuses. If I can do it you can too, and it's so worth it!

Me at my starting weight 350 pounds

7agwsyxj048n.jpg
m81uj6ivel68.jpg

30 pounds lost

c4si6dzssjlc.jpg

h1f2zr69trb3.jpg

46 pounds lost
un4gynn59kxb.jpg
70 pounds lost
mnrm9lmdr7de.jpg
85 pounds lost
9sq7c3egmm8w.jpg
96 pounds lost
qf0bn85tqar8.jpg
xcokeb5vjhpm.jpg

Replies

• Junepal
    Junepal Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing! Thank you for sharing your story! You have inspired me!
  • bonniebonbon
    bonniebonbon Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Awesome, can't wait to make a post like yours!
  • change4lifenow
    change4lifenow Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!! You look amazing. I started my journey this month and you are truly an inspiration.
  • jessicastanfill
    jessicastanfill Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    you are incredible!!!!!!
  • launchpadmkquak
    launchpadmkquak Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Nice work!!!!
  • Majcolorado
    Majcolorado Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    So, so cool. Keep it up!
  • osche731
    osche731 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration to all!
  • bri680
    bri680 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started today to get my weight back on track. A post like yours to start with is a true inspiration and just what I needed.
  • letitbe8807
    letitbe8807 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! I debated for awhile about posting anything in the community and if it helps even one person it was worth it!
  • Praying_Mantis
    Praying_Mantis Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Excellent work! I like that you had a plan and kept at it.
  • RaeB1013
    RaeB1013 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    What an AMAZING post! Your before and after photos are just fantastic. I am in a similar situation (weight-loss wise). I started at 352 in April 2015 and have lost 109 lbs. Keep up the excellent work, you're doing great!!!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Holy wow!! You're glowing in your new pics. You are so beautiful. You've done fantastic work!!
  • bohonomad
    bohonomad Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Wow you look so great and way younger!
  • gmcdsc
    gmcdsc Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's awesome!
  • ToriJ84
    ToriJ84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Look at that smile! You look wonderful, congratulations!!!!
  • DaisiesandViolets
    DaisiesandViolets Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    WOW! What a transformation!
  • LosingIt2022
    LosingIt2022 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I've been feeling a little overwhelmed today with the amount I need to lose, this is the just the tonic I needed - thanks for sharing x
  • janet6567
    janet6567 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You look lovely! Congratulations on getting fit and healthy!
  • FatimaStartsAllOver
    FatimaStartsAllOver Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Amazing. Wonderful. Great job. You Rock. You look fantastic.
  • letitbe8807
    letitbe8807 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I've been feeling a little overwhelmed today with the amount I need to lose, this is the just the tonic I needed - thanks for sharing x
    I can totally relate. I too have moments of feeling overwhelmed with how much weight I have to lose. Just keep plugging away and you will lose it! I still need to lose another 80 pounds which at times seems crazy. But for the first time in my life I feel like I can make it and I will.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!