I want to impress my wife

Options
I want to impress my wife that I'm eating healthier because she thinks I can't stick to a plan and always criticize me on how I eat so I want to show her that I can stick to a plan and not be a slouch... so I'm asking to help me achieve this goal so I can also gain self confidence ..ps I have a hard time eating vegetables what tips can you the community give me plz and thank you

Replies

• 75in2013
    75in2013 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Eating "healthy" is a not a clear cut definition.

If you want to lose weight it's more important how much you eat (calories) than what you eat. As long as you get all the macro/micro nutrients, vitamins etc. you need.

I found that after dieting a while and reducing the ammount of food, my tastebuds changed. A lot of "crappy" or "junk" food didn't taste as nice anymore and I started to like more and more fruits and veg.

Don't force yourself. It's important to stay motivated and disciplined. The rest will follow.
  • MaiLinna
    MaiLinna Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Remember to allow yourself the junk you're craving every once in a while. Eventually your tastebuds do indeed change. I used to be a sucker for gas station donuts, especially since they were only $0.35 each in the afternoon and still VERY fresh.

Just thinking about them hurts my teeth now. The last one I had I couldn't even finish. It took a few months, and I felt bad every time I ate one, but now my tastes have changed and I don't feel bad anymore.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    go kick butt, eat well, exercise and water water water. be a hottie
  • Kyuubi4dead
    Kyuubi4dead Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    75in2013 wrote: »
    Eating "healthy" is a not a clear cut definition.

If you want to lose weight it's more important how much you eat (calories) than what you eat. As long as you get all the macro/micro nutrients, vitamins etc. you need.

I found that after dieting a while and reducing the ammount of food, my tastebuds changed. A lot of "crappy" or "junk" food didn't taste as nice anymore and I started to like more and more fruits and veg.

Don't force yourself. It's important to stay motivated and disciplined. The rest will follow.

Thanks for the advice then I'll stay motivated and disciplined
  • Kyuubi4dead
    Options
    MaiLinna wrote: »
    Remember to allow yourself the junk you're craving every once in a while. Eventually your tastebuds do indeed change. I used to be a sucker for gas station donuts, especially since they were only $0.35 each in the afternoon and still VERY fresh.

Just thinking about them hurts my teeth now. The last one I had I couldn't even finish. It took a few months, and I felt bad every time I ate one, but now my tastes have changed and I don't feel bad anymore.

I didn't know that we'll cant wait till my tastebuds change
  • Kyuubi4dead
    Options

Water is the key :)
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I think the first step is identifying what foods you think of as healthy and unhealthy. Second step would be having plenty of the healthy choices available and visible when you open the fridge and cupboards. Also, asking your wife to help you, might both help you and get her support on your new choice to eat healthier. Good luck!
  • roxymuller
    roxymuller Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I found putting the snack food into little zip lock baggies in the acceptable portions allowed, helped me when I wanted a snack. This way i wouldn't eat the whole bag of whatever it was but still allowed me to have my fix of junk food. also, put cut up veggies and homemade dip in the fridge so that it is ready for you whenever the munchies attack. if you have a dog, go for a walk with your wife and the dog or just go for an evening stroll with your wife.
  • Kyuubi4dead
    Options
    roxymuller wrote: »
    I found putting the snack food into little zip lock baggies in the acceptable portions allowed, helped me when I wanted a snack. This way i wouldn't eat the whole bag of whatever it was but still allowed me to have my fix of junk food. also, put cut up veggies and homemade dip in the fridge so that it is ready for you whenever the munchies attack. if you have a dog, go for a walk with your wife and the dog or just go for an evening stroll with your wife.

Thanks ya I been going to the park with my wife it's nice
  • Kyuubi4dead
    Options
    I think the first step is identifying what foods you think of as healthy and unhealthy. Second step would be having plenty of the healthy choices available and visible when you open the fridge and cupboards. Also, asking your wife to help you, might both help you and get her support on your new choice to eat healthier. Good luck!

Ya she recommend me to do breakfast smoothes
  • happyscruffy
    happyscruffy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Make the lifestyle change for yourself not her.

• Kyuubi4dead
    Options
    Make the lifestyle change for yourself not her.

Your right love myself first always.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have good intentions - that's great! However, do you really eat poorly? Or do you eat food that she considers unhealthy? We all have our own definitions of healthy or "good" eating so just wanting to make sure the criticism is warranted. If so, you can gradually cut down on portions of the food you're eating now and still keep what you like in your regular diet. Too many drastic or strict changes are not sustainable long-term.
  • Kyuubi4dead
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Sounds like you have good intentions - that's great! However, do you really eat poorly? Or do you eat food that she considers unhealthy? We all have our own definitions of healthy or "good" eating so just wanting to make sure the criticism is warranted. If so, you can gradually cut down on portions of the food you're eating now and still keep what you like in your regular diet. Too many drastic or strict changes are not sustainable long-term.

I do eat poorly but I've been cutting down on the portions and trying to put more greens in my meal
  • ontosinc297
    ontosinc297 Posts: 43 Member
    Options

Bingo.