Mid 20s with 100+ to lose- desperate need of motivation!

Options
Hey guys!

Basically my story is that I have always been a bigger girl and have had a lot of health issues but I can never seen to get the motivation I need! I work out for a month or two, count a few calories and then my mood goes south and I can't bring myself to do anything but go out and find a good cheeseburger. I'd love to find out how you guys motivate yourselves!

Also please feel free to add me as a friend so I can be a motivator for you :)

Replies

• JediMasterNaw
    JediMasterNaw Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Cheeseburgers happen. It's ok.

The important thing is to keep going, get back on track, and forgive yourself for it.

Personally, I've found that motivation isn't what I needed. Motivation comes and goes, as does willpower. Determination and a plan to follow are what have gotten me through the last 10 months and 70 lbs.
  • crystalwenner1
    crystalwenner1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    casinkus wrote: »
    Hey guys!

Basically my story is that I have always been a bigger girl and have had a lot of health issues but I can never seen to get the motivation I need! I work out for a month or two, count a few calories and then my mood goes south and I can't bring myself to do anything but go out and find a good cheeseburger. I'd love to find out how you guys motivate yourselves!

casinkus wrote: »
    Hey guys!

• crystalwenner1
    Options
    I here you!!!! I'm in the same boat! I will be there for you if you are there for me! The more support you have the more willpower you find! I would love to add you but I can't figure out how to add people??? You can add me if you want !
  • crystalwenner1
    Options
    Cheeseburgers happen. It's ok.

The important thing is to keep going, get back on track, and forgive yourself for it.

Personally, I've found that motivation isn't what I needed. Motivation comes and goes, as does willpower. Determination and a plan to follow are what have gotten me through the last 10 months and 70 lbs.

• hcolbourn
    hcolbourn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, there is nothing wrong with having a Cheeseburger now and again, but save it as a treat! You do need some breathing space in your diet and fitness plan but if you keep everything in moderation then you will be fine. One way I feel motivated is by signing up for charity races - I then know I have to train for it... I hope this helps, and good luck!
  • leannyfanny
    leannyfanny Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I find small goals help, I plan on losing just 4-6lbs a month, it's not a lot, so easily doable. Don't put to much pressure on yourself, we all have those sneaky foods, mine is pizza, eat it, enjoy it and then keep going :) it's not the end of the world.
  • steph2740
    steph2740 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    In the same boat here! Just starting (again) and want to lose 100+ lbs, hoping to find some good support here!