Oven Roasted Broccoli

Options
ernestrodgers82
ernestrodgers82 Posts: 203 Member
Here's something I saw on Facebook. The author, Roberta Dulay says "it's It is super good - you should try it!" According to MyFitnessPal, roasted broccoli is only 65 calories per cup.

Oven Roasted Broccoli

Preheat oven to 375° Split apart broccoli into bite sized pieces or buy brocoli florets in the bag. Mince 2-3 cloves of garlic Put broccoli, garlic, 1 tbsp. olive oil, and a few shakes of salt and pepper (optional) in a ziploc bag. Shake it up!! Spread out on baking sheet, place on top rack, and bake for about 30 minutes. Broccoli will be crunchy and delicious!

As you know, anything with roasted garlic and olive oil as the key ingredients is going to be delicious! Try this recipe with the vegetable of your choice - brussel sprouts, cauliflower, zucchini, carrots - why not try them all?

C1 Friendly, also PALEO friendly. Try them once you will be hooked!

Don't just LIKE this, SHARE it so your friends see it!

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    When my daughter was 1 (7 years ago) whenever I would prep my roasted broccoli, she'd reach up and steal pieces before I stuck it in the oven. Roasted broccoli was her favorite until this year when she switched to wanting roasted Brussels sprouts every night. Lol
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this - it sounds great!
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Love it! I also love adding paprika or crushed chili flakes on broccoli for some heat.
  • Queenmunchy
    Options
    I just went into the kitchen and my husband is roasting green beans and pumpkin.
  • nonrg
    nonrg Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Finish it off with some roasted pine nuts, parmesan and lemon juice. It's amazing.
  • quiarga
    quiarga Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I do this with cauliflower, but haven't tried it with broccoli yet! Mmmm!
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    I love roasted veggies! Question with the broccoli... I always feel like I have to add A LOT of oil to the broccoli I intend to roast, because the florets seem to soak it up so fast or the oil doesn't seem to distribute very well (I shake my veggies in a bag with the oil and spices before I roast them).

Any tips? Will one tablespoon do the job?
  • michellenella7
    michellenella7 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! Going to try this :)
  • ernestrodgers82
    Options
    These variations all sound great!!!
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    Roasted vegetables are a family favorite. I do this with all different kinds of vegetables - asparagus, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, zucchini and green beans are our favorites. We also cook our vegetables over a campfire using the same basic ingredients. So yummy!
  • Queenmunchy
    Options
    I love roasted veggies! Question with the broccoli... I always feel like I have to add A LOT of oil to the broccoli I intend to roast, because the florets seem to soak it up so fast or the oil doesn't seem to distribute very well (I shake my veggies in a bag with the oil and spices before I roast them).

I usually just put my veggies on the pan, pour on about 1T of olive oil, season, and use my hands to get them coated. I think that would work better than a bag because the excess is on the pan instead of in a bag.
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Asparagus too!
  • Queenmunchy
    Options
    sanfromny wrote: »
    Asparagus too!

I like to chop scallion in 1 inch pieces, add in some sliced sun dried tomatoes, and then my asparagus and roast it all together. It's so good!
  • Nell8i8
    Nell8i8 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    When my daughter was 1 (7 years ago) whenever I would prep my roasted broccoli, she'd reach up and steal pieces before I stuck it in the oven. Roasted broccoli was her favorite until this year when she switched to wanting roasted Brussels sprouts every night. Lol

omg I'm with your daughter I love Roasted brussel sprouts!
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options

I usually just put my veggies on the pan, pour on about 1T of olive oil, season, and use my hands to get them coated. I think that would work better than a bag because the excess is on the pan instead of in a bag.

I'll try that, thanks for the tip!
  • ernestrodgers82
    Options

Plus it's a lot more fun to play with your food
  • Tnangaley
    Tnangaley Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    TRULY DELICIOUS. I LOVE IT !!!!!!!!
  • abbypalinski
    abbypalinski Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I do all of these, but I especially love roasted asparagus with oil, garlic and balsamic vinegar and finished with a bit of fresh parmesan. :smiley:
  • pronetocrash91
    pronetocrash91 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Sounds really good!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I second pine nuts with cauliflower. If you let them roast with it, they're even better. A weird thing I do sometimes when I want protein, chop a boiled egg, salt and pepper, add some olive oil (the stronger the olive oil flavor is the better) then mix it with the roasted cauliflower. Odd combination, but they weirdly go together well.