Oven Roasted Broccoli

Options
2»

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I cook so many vegetables this way, though I usually add a little cayenne to most. Broccoli, cauliflower, summer or winter squashes, cabbage, brussel sprouts, carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes, parsnips, radishes... Works great for cooking outside on the grill too!
  • ernestrodgers82
    ernestrodgers82 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I cook so many vegetables this way, though I usually add a little cayenne to most. Broccoli, cauliflower, summer or winter squashes, cabbage, brussel sprouts, carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes, parsnips, radishes... Works great for cooking outside on the grill too!

I'm sold. I just did some sliced potatoes the other night. Instead of cayenne, I"ve been experimenting with harissa powder that I bought from Sam's Club.
  • jenmarie2012
    jenmarie2012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    It's the best way to cook veggies! So delicious and good
  • lizwooshy
    lizwooshy Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I love roasted veggies! Question with the broccoli... I always feel like I have to add A LOT of oil to the broccoli I intend to roast, because the florets seem to soak it up so fast or the oil doesn't seem to distribute very well (I shake my veggies in a bag with the oil and spices before I roast them).

Any tips? Will one tablespoon do the job?

What I do when I roast veggies is use about a half a tablespoon of olive oil, and the rest I supplement with Fit & Active brand fat free Italian dressing (from Aldi). There are only 15 calories for 2 tablespoons, and it gives the veggies some added flavor while keeping them from drying out.
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    TY Ernest! Gonna try this out.
  • dropitlikeasquat87
    dropitlikeasquat87 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I love this! I like to use frozen green beans too with lemon pepper. Yummy
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    lizwooshy wrote: »
    I love roasted veggies! Question with the broccoli... I always feel like I have to add A LOT of oil to the broccoli I intend to roast, because the florets seem to soak it up so fast or the oil doesn't seem to distribute very well (I shake my veggies in a bag with the oil and spices before I roast them).

Any tips? Will one tablespoon do the job?

What I do when I roast veggies is use about a half a tablespoon of olive oil, and the rest I supplement with Fit & Active brand fat free Italian dressing (from Aldi). There are only 15 calories for 2 tablespoons, and it gives the veggies some added flavor while keeping them from drying out.

That sounds good! Thanks for the tip.
  • ernestrodgers82
    ernestrodgers82 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I love this! I like to use frozen green beans too with lemon pepper. Yummy

I'm going to try the frozen green beans using your recipe. It's winter so getting fresh green beans is hard this time of year. Thanks!