Why do you want to lose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• mnshanbhag
    mnshanbhag Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    because I'm fat, and at risk of diabetes.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    So i stop bouncing out the door and just... walk out normally.

1396457353_bouncing_llama.gif
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Specifically for my wedding but also for my honeymoon

Congratulations! This was one of my big reasons for getting started. I can tell you that after losing 30lbs I was able to dance all day and not hurt by the end of the day. And yes, the sex has gotten better, too.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    iluvbep wrote: »
    To feel more confident and to rock my wedding dress in june!

Congratulations to you, too!

In addition to getting in better shape and looking sexy in my wedding dress I want to be a healthy mom when we decide to start a family. I have PCOS and Hypothyroid and the weight loss will make the process of getting pregnant and having a healthy pregnancy easier. I also graduated nursing school in August and I want to be a good roll model for my patients.

Great reasons from everyone else, too.
  • mgeeq
    mgeeq Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My goal is less about weight loss and more about strength building. I'm changing careers from being a desk jockey to being a healthcare provider. I need to have better strength and endurance to deal with patients.
  • KaeTLN
    KaeTLN Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    One of my reasons is for my health. It's easier to get a handle on it now than wait when I'm older. I am considered obese for my body frame and height.
    Vanity also plays an impactful role in my lifestyle change. I want to look better in my clothes and such.
    I also want to get physically fit so I can look good (and feel good) in the skin I'm in. But, I want to be healthy on the inside as well.
    Great question! I've wondered this too. :)
  • jaymich001
    jaymich001 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My goal is to just loose my mommy pooch (never really lost 2 pregnancies of baby weight). All I want is to lose 20 pounds and fit into ALL my clothes. Hubby got me a fitbit (well its a Garmin vivosmart actually) for Christmas and I love it.
  • agdharry
    agdharry Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    To become light enough so I can fly
  • daveharris54
    daveharris54 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Several reasons I need to lose weight. First is for my health, so that I can get off medications that sometimes I think cause more problems than they fix. I have last year finally relieved myself of a bad relationship and now I am intent on improving myself. I would be a lot more confident getting back into the social scene if I was happier about the way I look.