Nut butters are killing me

Options
2»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I have them sometimes. Especially almond butter and hazelnut butter. You really have to make sure that you weigh it though, or you can easily be 100+ calories off.
  • toe1226
    toe1226 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I have three methods. 1) weighing. 2) pre-weighing and pre-packaging. 3) the Justin's prepackaged packets. 4) buying mini justin's peanut butter cups (70 cals each) and making them my treat.
  • toe1226
    toe1226 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    lol that was 4.
  • tarabole
    tarabole Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I would take a 3 -4 week break from the nut butters and see if it helps. Maybe try a smoothie with PB2 and see if that squashes your nut butter cravings.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    jlahorn wrote: »
    Yeah, I can't keep nut butters in the house.

"Exercise self control!", chide the holier-than-thous.

I exercise self control by not buying the nut butters to begin with. I do keep PB2 in the house for when I need peanut flavor in a recipe, but I won't eat half a jar of that with a spoon. Tried it, too dry :D

I've been living my life hungry or at least unsatisfied for at least 3 years. I won't say it's fun, but I'm maintaining and it hasn't killed me yet.

That's how I exercise self-control with my trigger foods, for example, Girl Scout cookies - I don't bring them into the house.

I love peanut butter, and can overeat it if I don't weigh it out, but fortunately it's not a trigger food for me - it doesn't call me from the cupboard saying, "Eat me...eat me..."

• makaryan11
    makaryan11 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I eat 15-20 grams of sunflower seed butter or almond butter almost daily for breakfast, just measure , cause it's a very calory dense food, can make the difference in loosing or not loosing weight.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I've tried peanut butter in moderation exercises and I've failed every time so I just used powdered peanut butter. I love it and can eat it a few times per day in my food for the same amount of calories in a dollop of peanut butter.

I do buy myself peanut butter treats when I'm out though, in single servings that fit my day. I had a peanut butter and jelly chocolate bar today!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem with peanut butter. 3 options to consider

1- Stop buying it

2- Swap to PB2

3- Buy natural peanut butter, just 100% crushed peanuts. It's not as moreish as the regular Kraft PB, and I can control myself much better around it.