Food/Tips to gain weight

Options
does anyone know ways I can gain weight AND keep it on? I have a fast metabolism and I eat 3-4 sometimes 5 times a day. I currently take this weight gain syrup called Hepto Pep but lost 4 pounds out of no where. Any tips on how I can reach 130 & keep that weight?

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Eat more and maybe move less. If you aren't gaining you aren't eating enough
  • jetsetterteex
    jetsetterteex Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I do all that! I'm in school from 8-3 so I'm clearly moving all the time. My goal is 130
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Hi jetsetterteex,

Do you have a calorie goal on here (myfitnesspal) that you follow? If not, you could try putting your stats (height, weight, age, etc) in and telling it you'd like to gain .5 - 1 lbs per week and follow that calorie goal number.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Gain the weight with a surplus, when you hit goal set to maintenance. Eat calorie dense food.
  • jetsetterteex
    Options
    Hi furison, I do have a fitness pal that I use daily & I track everything I eat on there. It's my second day today using this app& I don't know if it's working,I have met my calorie goal on here but the scale says other wise I'm still the same way
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,412 MFP Moderator
    Options
    How many calories are you eating?

Also, if you have only tracked for 2 days, you need to be patient. Progress should be tracked over 4 to 6 weeks.
  • chrystal601
    chrystal601 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    3 Ensure plus , jumbo bake potato with butter is what i have everyday. I wake up early and start eating ive gain a lot just by adding them 4 to my food intake plan
  • davidsnewsham
    davidsnewsham Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough protein?
  • pbryd
    pbryd Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Patience and constantly hitting your calorie targets for weeks is how to do it.

If you're consistently hitting your calorie target and you don't see a weight gain, up your calorie target by 200.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    consistently eat more and realize that you do not have a "fast metabolism"
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Eat more. Eat more calorie dense foods. Get more unsaturated fats. Get more protein. Get more carbs.
    Lift heavy.
    Eat more. Eat peanut butter. Use more oils in cooking.
    Ice cream.

Check out the Gaining Weight forum on here.

ETA: nevermind. Tuesday is Monday's ugly sister and I didn't realize we are in the gaining weight forum already.
  • jetsetterteex
    Options
    3 ENsures?! Wow that's a lot. I used to take em but feel like they don't work for me
    3 Ensure plus , jumbo bake potato with butter is what i have everyday. I wake up early and start eating ive gain a lot just by adding them 4 to my food intake plan

• jetsetterteex
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    i eat about 4-5 times a day. I increased my weight to 135 so more calories would be added to my meal. I gained a pound the other day
  • jakejd25
    jakejd25 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Research a good ratio of calories from carbs, protein, and fats for your particular goal. Then, do your best to make sure the carbs are not refined sugars. Once you have that information, you can plan your meals to be more effective.

If you are training to add muscle, it is critical to allow more rest between sets and to push yourself to add resistance (more weight). Research anabolic workouts and the effects on the body. Having this understanding will help you understand the best way to train.

Hope this is helpful
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,412 MFP Moderator
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    i eat about 4-5 times a day. I increased my weight to 135 so more calories would be added to my meal. I gained a pound the other day

Number of meals doesn't do anything for your metabolism. And gaining weight one day doesnt mean much. Its about trends over an extended period of time; generally a 4 to 6 week time frame.

But keep eating enough calories to hit your goals.
  • jetsetterteex
    Options
    Thankyou