question

Options
So i have a serious question, which i believe others will probably find stupid. I over consumed in my calories today by 1150. However most days i hit right on the nose on my calorie budget or 200 below. How much will this one day effect my weigh loss hopes for the week. Ive been doing this for a week now and ive yet to lose anything. Suggestions would be very helpful. Thanks guys. Please no negative comments.

Replies

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    It depends on how big your weekly deficit is. You can get an approximation by knowing that 3500 calories is about 1lb of body fat on average.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    You'll probably see some water retention tomorrow.

A week is not long enough to see any kind of change. Be patient.
  • bf1110
    bf1110 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Ok so can you explain a little further. How can i calculate up my week and see if my earing todag will hurt me.

• bf1110
    bf1110 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Im trying hard to be patient. Its not easy but i keep reminding myself its easier to put on the weight than it is to take off and i need to give it time

• melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Overeating by 1150 calories one day will span over your overall weekly calories like so: 1150/7 days. So it adds up to ~200 extra calories per day. Worst case scenario, this week your weight will stay in maintenance mode. Also if you just started out with weight loss, it's way too soon to say anything about the efficiency. Look for results after 3 weeks, 6 weeks, 2 months etc.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    bf1110 wrote: »
    Ok so can you explain a little further. How can i calculate up my week and see if my earing todag will hurt me.

At the bottom of the diary page you can get a report that make sit easier to tot up a week's intake http://www.myfitnesspal.com/reports/printable_diary?from=2016-01-15&to=2016-01-22
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Yep, that's what happens. ;)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    dont worry about any damage it does.

you ate them. im sure you enjoyed it.

fanfreakingtastic.

today is a new day. keep moving forward.
  • GsKiki
    GsKiki Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about one day. But also don't expect results so soon. Be patient and continu with your regular plan. The change will come :)
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    So long as you keep going, one day won't make a difference in the long run. It's just one day versus all the other days that you did meet your goal.
  • CatherineWarburtonHayhurst
    Options
    I think everyone on here will agree that we all go over our daily targets from time to time. I do once a week when I have a splurge and drink alcohol. It's important to remember that your body can get used to eating the same food daily so taking a day off occasionally won't do you any harm. Just start again tomorrow without guilt!

Everyday is a new beginning, tomorrow is just the past, start to enjoy your healthy eating and your journey will be sooooo much better and easier!

I wish you luck. Feel free to add me :)
  • namelesshere
    namelesshere Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    This is more about a lifestyle change than losing weight. You need to maintain the lifestyle. Will extra calories slow weight loss? You bet! However, events happen and we all consume more than we need from time to time. The important thing to remember is to keep it to a minimum of events. You can do that by Weighing your portions and logging them faithfully so you know where to accommodate later. So, if I overeat one day, maybe the next couple of days I will eat more veggies and salads to accommodate for that. Will I let it bother me? I used to but have worked hard to have a more healthy relationship with food. Will it keep me away from Chinese Buffets? No, but I have learned to eat less there and still enjoy. It is still an over eating day, just not by as much as it used to be. You can do this! Life is to be enjoyed.