diet pills

Options
2»

Replies

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    When you relinquish your evaluation process to another person or system (like diet pills) you begin to lose yourself. When you lose yourself, you are not able to be fully present in your life, and the world around you is robbed of your unique gift.

• ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    When you relinquish your evaluation process to another person or system (like diet pills) you begin to lose yourself. When you lose yourself, you are not able to be fully present in your life, and the world around you is robbed of your unique gift.

Um, no. Plenty of us find ourselves - and find that we are more present - while on meds, whether those meds are (physician-prescribed, physician-monitored) "diet pills", medication for depression, ADHD, etc. If I were left to my own "evaluation process", I'd be dead.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    Diet pills teach you nothing on how to actually diet correctly.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • debloureg
    debloureg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The current science concerning weight loss for overweight and obese recommends a comprehensive lifestyle intervention including 1) a program of a moderately reduced calorie diet; 2) a program of increased physical activity; and 3) the use of behavioral strategies to facilitate adherence to diet and activity
    recommendations (AHA/ACC/TOS guidelines). Diet pills may be prescribed by a physician in addition to the lifestyle interventions if needed to achieve weight loss goals. One size doesn't fit all people! What works for one person may not work for another. Don't be so judgmental.
  • scottish_laura_13
    scottish_laura_13 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    unfortunately diet pills don't work, well not in the way we want them to, they may help increase weight loss very slightly if you are already on a diet bu tthey are mostly a placebo
    if there was a pill we could take and still eat burgers and fries and junk food yet be skinny it would prob cost thousand for each pill and defo not be mass market lol (I know it also would never exist but a girl can dream) so I recommend tracking your food and changing your attitude to food, eating the right things and not eating too much, a magic pill doesn't exist but a better attitude/relationship to food will change your life
    also I lost 21lbs in 3 months with no exercise (due to injury) and just sensible eating - slower it comes off slower to come all back on again - many diet pills, herbalife etc lets you lose faster but as soon as you stop you gain it all back as you haven't learnt to be sensible with food
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    LHWhite903 wrote: »
    My Doctor told me not to use diet pills.

one of my favorite episodes. And yay EternalDalek's monster files!

• Junebuggyzy
    Junebuggyzy Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Phentermine has helped me to lose 40 pounds. I've learned that with carefully logging my food and exercise here, it is a really effective combination. I know what you mean about stopping, then wanting to eat everything in sight. It's the same as with any 'diet'. My goal is to keep up the healthy eating after I stop taking it.

By the way, I did see Requiem for a Dream. Scary! The part where her kid, the addict, gets his arm chopped off was awful. The movie was a good warning about drug addiction.

Feel free to friend me.