Should I be logging!

Options
I've started a new diet programme where my meals are planned by a group of coaches. I have the same number of cals almost everyday( with exception of refeeds) and the same macro breakdown - should I bother logging my foods? Or would you quick add the info? Thanks in advance

Replies

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    I would log it, if for no other reason than when you eventually go off the program, you are well versed in how to log. That way you avoid the MFP learning curve. IMO
  • JanetMMcC
    JanetMMcC Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I agree with SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage. It's good to get into the habit, and the prescribed meals will give you a handle on how serving sizes relate to weight and volume.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    If you don't weigh, measure, and log how do you know you are meeting your fleet of coaches goals?
    Log everything, weighing solids with a digital scale and liquids with the appropriate cups and spoons.

Save your records and share them with all your coaches so they can analyse your results.

Cheers, h.
  • iammantistobbogan
    iammantistobbogan Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    If you don't weigh, measure, and log how do you know you are meeting your fleet of coaches goals?
    Log everything, weighing solids with a digital scale and liquids with the appropriate cups and spoons.

Save your records and share them with all your coaches so they can analyse your results.

Cheers, h.

I do weigh everything and know exactly what I'm taking in I just don't know if there's any point logging everyday when it's going to be exactly the same lol
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    If it is exactly the same, no deviation between food type or calorie quantity of each food. Just transfer over day by day by day.
    If your food intake is exactly the same, pre portioned and weighed, every day you are probably missing important nutrients.
    A varied diet is more nutritious.

Logging will, in the future, give you an insight as to what has worked eating your many coaches menu and what hasn't. It is just as important as a piece of history as it it as a current dialogue.

Cheers, h.