Drop 10 kgs in 10 weeks

surendranmenon
surendranmenon Posts: 12 Member
I need to do this and i would appreciate a ton of support and nagging.

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    What's the rush?
  • surendranmenon
    Buddy..was 107 dropped 10 kgs in 20 weeks. Just want to now speed it up . The first 10 kg drop makes me feel good. I know I would feel better
  • NerineLuna
    NerineLuna Posts: 76 Member
    Losing 10 kg in 10 weeks means loosing one kg per week though, that's really rather high to keep up consistently. Especially seeing as you apparantly already lost 10kg (the first ones tend to come off a bit quicker). A healthy amount of weight to lose (consistently) is about 0.5 kg a week, similar to what you say you've done before. If you consistently lose more weight that that each week, there's quite a big chance that what you're losing isn't fat loss - the kind of loss you want to have - but also muscle loss, which obviously isn't what we want.

I get it, I would love if I could consistenly lose a kg a week as well - I would be at my goal weight in time for this summer! - but unfortunately I know it isn't hugely realistic, or healthy. Also, with losing that fast, you're much more likely to gain the weight back after you're done. So I know this isn't what you want to hear - it wasn't what I wanted to hear either - but you're much better off sticking with the 0.5 kg a week. Better to be a bit slower and keep the weight off, than be quicker but going right back to the start a couple of months after you've gotten to your goal weight.
  • surendranmenon
    I agree...but aim for the stars and I may reach the clouds...I have to try try try....but i have to and will do it...what with me...curse me and msg me and nag me all the way
  • NerineLuna
    NerineLuna Posts: 76 Member
    I'm all for reaching for the sky and seeing what will happen, but I feel saying "I have to" is just setting yourself up for a huge chance of failure and disappointment, you know.

As for trying your best and seeing what happens, go for it, and I hope you'll have a great ten weeks!
  • Becky_charles29
    Becky_charles29 Posts: 125 Member
    Depending on your start weight (ie if you have a lot of weight to shift) 1kg/2.2lbs per week is possible however the smaller you get, the harder it is. I have between 5 and 10kg to go and I am tending to lose 0.3-0.5kg per week but most is fat as I'm making sure I'm using weights too. Good luck though just don't lose heart if it doesn't go as planned
  • Janehds0284
    Janehds0284 Posts: 87 Member
    first of all, what's your plan? :)