Headaches!!

Options
After I started dieting I have had a headache for 3 days now I cut out fried foods, all the sugar I was eating, and I have drank nothing but water. Can I get help please on what I should eat to get these headaches to stop. And no bull answers plz!

Replies

• vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, we are not doctors so we cannot tell you for sure.

If I had to take a guess, depending on how much sugar you have actually cut out, that may be the culprit. Or if you were someone that is used to having a caffeine. I know that if I don't have caffeine by 10am, I start to get the headache.

But if it continues, it may be something to bring up to your doctor. They'd be able to have a more educated answer.
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure they are caused by cutting out a lot of salt, or caffeine. Probably withdrawal headaches that you may have to suffer through for a few days. Good luck!
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Some people have headaches when they drastically cut sugar. Don't think they're supposed to last more than a week or so. Have you been using artificial sweeteners? They too can cause headaches.
  • BCallaway23
    BCallaway23 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!! I wasn't really eating a ton of sugar or drinking caffeine but I that might be the reason I'm having headaches if they continue I'm going to ask a doctor just to make sure.
  • smh1963
    smh1963 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    usually takes a few days for withdrawal symptoms to go away , if you still have it after several days, may pay you to see Dr for checkup.
  • eskimum
    eskimum Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    sounds like your body is going into ketosis from the lowering of your carbs since the body doesn't have sugar to burn(glucose) it burns fat. The headaches are a part of the transition from one mechanism to the other as well as it could indicate an electrolyte imbalance (potassium/magnesium). Add some foods higher in potassium broccoli, bananas, veggie juice. Hope this helps
  • sus49
    sus49 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    High blood pressure causes headaches Go see your doctor and make sure to get your blood pressure checked.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Stay well hydrated (8 glass is not enough for many people) and have something with caffeine--tea or coffee.
  • BCallaway23
    BCallaway23 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the answers I stopped having the headaches 2 days after this post and have Ben fine since so I'm sure it was from the transition to the new diet.
  • JamestheLiar
    JamestheLiar Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    For future reference, when I get a headache I eat a little dish I like to call Excedrin. Your welcome.
  • namelesshere
    namelesshere Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    It took me a week of no caffeine for the headaches to subside. I never went back to caffeine as I didn't want the headaches. Other headache triggers for me are second hand smoke, too much sugar, not enough sleep, artificial sweeteners. Everyone is different, I see by your followup post that for you the headaches have already subsided. Know the triggers and avoid.