Some motivation to continue needed

Options
Hello yall. I started this journey 28 days ago. I weighed 302 lbs. In the firsy two weeks I fell to 291 with diet and maybe 1 or 2 days of exercise. Now in the next 2 weeks I have gone back up to 292.2 and 292.8 I'm losing faith. I understand weight won't just fall off but I've been following the 1600 calorie diet to a T. Measuring and using a food scale. I've exercised atleast 3 times a week. I'm 5' 6" and would be comfortable in the 170-180lbs range.

I'm just looking for motivation or similar stories to keep me going.

Replies

• 42firm03
    42firm03 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You've got to trust the process and hang on.

Someone recently posted a great way to look at this: you control the process, logging your weighed and measured food, eating to your goal and you have to let your body handle the results. Your process and your body's results will not align perfectly day to day. But over the long term your process will get you the results you want.

Patience through the mental battle is the hardest part of this.
  • robburry_85
    robburry_85 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me... Set yourself little goal each time take pictures than you can't tell more that the weight is coming off
  • Amya2998
    Amya2998 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I need to believe that for myself too. I'm in almost exactly the same boat. I have about 80 pounds to lose. The first 2 weeks, I lost 11 pounds and now in week 3-NOTHING!! I know it's frustrating, but instead of giving up like I normally would, I'm choosing to push on and I know we can see this through to the end. Try adding some more exercise, that's my plan this week.
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Ok, so in 28 days you've lost 10 pounds. That is excellent progress! It is important to remember is weightloss is NEVER linear. Some days you might retain extra water-weight, from a new workout regime, a little extra sodium, stress, time of month, etc. Just keep doing what you're doing, and be patient. You didn't gain the weight overnight, you assuredly won't lose it overnight. You're doing great, and be proud of what you've achieved so far!
  • lmeywall
    lmeywall Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Trust the process. My weight fluctuated a bit from time to time, but overall it is decreasing. I started about 20 days ago and between diet and exercise, I've seen a 13 lb loss. I'm almost at my first goal of losing 15 lbs. I find setting small goals and having incentives to reach them helpful.
  • cmjohnson53
    cmjohnson53 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Common thoughts I've gleaned from the threads: be patient and ask yourself where you will be in a year if you do nothing for yourself now. This has helped me stay the course.
  • ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    your body is going to do what it's going to do - it doesn't mean that you are doing anything wrong. Think about it this way.... quitting now won't help you lose any more weight.... ;-)
    Give it time and stay the course.
  • Kelley0519
    Kelley0519 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    You're doing an amazing job so far!! You've lost 10 lbs and you are no longer in the 300s! That's an amazing accomplishment so far! Weight loss is truly a process...Back in 2011, I started this journey. I managed to lose 80 lbs in one year....but since 2012, my weight has increased and decreased, then increased and decreased some more. But now, I'm back in decrease mode again. Everyone here has a story and a starting point. It gets difficult but we keep pushing....If I were you, I would focus on your end goal, start seeing yourself at your goal weight, that alone is motivating! See yourself as being healthier, thinner, more energy, more confidence, etc. I would suggest maybe drinking more water and see how that goes. Don't give up!! We are all on/have been on a similar journey as yours!! Feel free to add me on here as well. :)
  • KimmyJaneTD
    KimmyJaneTD Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone! You're right. I need to focus on the big picture - I'm turning my eating habits around to teach my son how to eat healthy and if I lose weight in the processes even better! I think I'm going to stop weighing myself as much as I do and stick to the task at hand!
  • 42firm03
    42firm03 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone! You're right. I need to focus on the big picture - I'm turning my eating habits around to teach my son how to eat healthy and if I lose weight in the processes even better! I think I'm going to stop weighing myself as much as I do and stick to the task at hand!

That's great perspective and will serve you well!
  • ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Check out my weight graph for the last year - it's like a roller coaster. But the trend is downward (well except for the last month.. haha) , which is the most important part. It happens. I've lost over 150lbs total over 2 years though and a lot of it looked just like this. Hope this works....

i15iph22y6lk.jpg
  • MissConsistency
    MissConsistency Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. It takes time. Please feel free to add me.
  • reesiecups09
    reesiecups09 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Keep your head up, doll! I'm in a similar boat. I would like to lose about 100lbs. I've been struggling as well. I've only been on my diet for a little less than a month, but I've been going through the same struggles. Have you looked into having thyroid and hormones tested? that could be holding you back from losing if you've really been doing everything. even just talking to your doctor can make you feel better about what you're doing. sometimes that praise for your effort is just that little difference that can keep you motivated. I sent you a friend request and would be happy to help keep you motivated! :) anyone else can feel free to add me as well. You can never have too many friends behind you!
  • namelesshere
    namelesshere Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Focus less on the scale and more on the commitment to weighing and Logging your foods accurately. Consider yourself on track whenever you completely log and stay under your calorie goal for the day. Don't set this goal too low at first or you will get discouraged. You can always adjust it down after you have started losing.