I can see it now...

Options
The one thing that I love about the food diary, is that I can see how well I done or where I messed up. I never really paid to much attention to the food diary before when I was on MFP in the past. I am trying to do things differently though now and pay more attention. I am looking back at yesterdays entry and think, no flipping wonder I gain so much. Just in my breakfast, yikes!

What are some good breakfast meals you eat that are healthy, packed with protein and healthy carbs but not loaded with calories? Maybe about 300-350 calories would be perfect.

iq4onkpt27q8.png

Replies

• JackieMarie1989jgw
    JackieMarie1989jgw Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    It's upsetting to see just how many calories is in everything isnt it?
    One thing I like to do when I am rushed is whole wheat toast with peanut butter. I also sometimes eat mini wheats cereal (but you do actually have to.measure out a serving). Maybe not the best thing in the world but lots of fiber, will keep you.kore full than capn crunch! Also you could hard boil eggs at the beginning.of the week, they make a good quick breakfast or snack. You could pair a hard boiled egg with one slice whole wheat toast or bowl of oatmeal with fruit
  • JackieMarie1989jgw
    Options
    Keep you full more* oops
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    My typical breakfast is;
    banana @ 105 kcal
    one hard boiled egg @ 78 kcal
    black coffee @ 0 kcal or close enough

total = 183 kcal

Did you really only eat 1 gram of banana? Looking at your breakfast, I'd wager it is more calories than you think.
  • TheDiaryOfAFatGirl
    TheDiaryOfAFatGirl Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My typical breakfast is;
    banana @ 105 kcal

total = 183 kcal

Did you really only eat 1 gram of banana? Looking at your breakfast, I'd wager it is more calories than you think.

No, my mistake. I ate one banana.
  • TheDiaryOfAFatGirl
    TheDiaryOfAFatGirl Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    It's upsetting to see just how many calories is in everything isnt it?
    One thing I like to do when I am rushed is whole wheat toast with peanut butter. I also sometimes eat mini wheats cereal (but you do actually have to.measure out a serving). Maybe not the best thing in the world but lots of fiber, will keep you.kore full than capn crunch! Also you could hard boil eggs at the beginning.of the week, they make a good quick breakfast or snack. You could pair a hard boiled egg with one slice whole wheat toast or bowl of oatmeal with fruit

I normally do not eat Captain crunch lol, but that was what I had in the kitchen. Today, I think it will be eggs.
  • JackieMarie1989jgw
    Options
    Hey I'm not here to judge...captain crunch is delicious
  • Yvonnie16
    Yvonnie16 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is usually a protein and greens and veggies smoothie. Under 350 cals.
  • Yvonnie16
    Yvonnie16 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Not scarmbling for "what do I do for breakfast?" Especially when running to begin the day, and knowing my breakfast consistently helps me with not making poor choices.

I always do good with BF and Lunch and **** Dinner. Work in progress. Good luck.
  • Traveling_Kimw
    Traveling_Kimw Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have the same breakfast every morning but it works well for me calorie wise and keeps me full until lunch. I have a sandwich thin with 2 pieces of bacon and a slice of 2% cheese. I also have a cup of grapes mid morning. 290 calories for all of it. Sometimes I add another 50 calories for some Trop 50 orange juice.
  • smiles4jo
    smiles4jo Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    My new favourite breakfast is an apple cut up with peanut butter.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Check your logging accuracy. I noticed the 1 calorie banana. You chose a generic entry for lunch instead of logging bread, tuna, condiments seperately so that might be wrong. Did you eat dry cereal? If not, you need to log your milk.
    Your tuna sandwich entry for lunch has as much protein as your breakfast and less calories. You could have a simple sandwich for breakfast and meet your requirements. You can eat any food at any time of day.
    If you insist on "breakfast" foods for breakfast and want more protein then replace some cereal and bread with stuff like eggs, yogurt, bacon, peanut butter.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Today I had a small sweet potato with a couple scrambled eggs, a laughing cow cheese wedge and shredded leftover pot roast from dinner last night. I piled it all on like a loaded potato would be. I also added a few dashes of hot sauce because I love spicy sweet potatoes.

It's a fairly well rounded and filling meal. Mine was about 450 calories but it could easily be less by changing the quantity of an ingredient or two. I do weigh my ingredients.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    My typical breakfast is;
    banana @ 105 kcal

total = 183 kcal

Oh yes, I guarantee it. Even Bagels and slices of bread need to be weighed. I had a slice of sourdough last night. A serving was 53g, and my slice cut by the manufacturer was 73g. Couldn't believe it but I'm glad I checked!!