Had a bad night

So I ate very badly last night! Totally cheated with some ice cream and jack in the box. Before I would sulk and keep it to myself like it didn't happen. So this time I am doing something different. I'm coming clean and moving on! Yes I probably went 500 to 600 calories over my daily allowance, but today I will do better. I meal prepped some chicken quinoa broccoli bites. There was supposed to be cheddar cheese in them but I forgot it. I'll sprinkle some on top :)
What do you do after a bad slip up? I'm hoping the leg day I did at the gym will compensate and it won't ruin my weight loss for the week.

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    I'd call that a standard night some nights for me. That is why it is best to use a weekly calorie goal rather than a daily one. It let's life be more normal.
  • d_creasman
    d_creasman Posts: 17 Member
    So how many calories are you under for the week? Don't look at it so much as I busted my diet because I ate... but look at the overall picture.
  • laraaragon
    laraaragon Posts: 90 Member
    d_creasman wrote: »
    So how many calories are you under for the week? Don't look at it so much as I busted my diet because I ate... but look at the overall picture.

I'll have to check. I've never counted weekly before
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    laraaragon wrote: »
    What do you do after a bad slip up? I'm hoping the leg day I did at the gym will compensate and it won't ruin my weight loss for the week.

i dont slip up, i make room for what i want, including fast food and eating out and booze. lotsa booze :P

sure, i go over sometimes. no biggie.
  • ames105
    ames105 Posts: 288 Member
    You have the right attitude. Remember that you have to have some treats and fun with your food, don't beat yourself up over it. Shake it off and eat better today and move forward. I just kind of forget about it and try to refocus myself with a little clean eating. I've found that I have a night like yours and then I spend the next few days feeling bloated, uncomfortable and slow. It affects my energy. Now it seems like I have fewer and fewer of those nights because I like how I feel when I eat clean. Keep it up, keep moving forward. You can do this.
  • Sapphires4me
    Sapphires4me Posts: 93 Member
    We're all going to have days like that. Just hold yourself accountable. Log every bite and get back on track today. I don't believe in denying things, If you want ice cream - have a small instead of large. Jack in the box for dinner, that's fine, do extra 20 or 30 minutes on workout. We have to learn to forgive ourselves and keep working on our long term goals.
  • laraaragon

So I was under by about 1200 cals before the slip up last night. I usually don't eat the calories I burn at the gym though.
  • laraaragon
    ames105 wrote: »
    You have the right attitude. Remember that you have to have some treats and fun with your food, don't beat yourself up over it. Shake it off and eat better today and move forward. I just kind of forget about it and try to refocus myself with a little clean eating. I've found that I have a night like yours and then I spend the next few days feeling bloated, uncomfortable and slow. It affects my energy. Now it seems like I have fewer and fewer of those nights because I like how I feel when I eat clean. Keep it up, keep moving forward. You can do this.

Oh yeah. I'm definitely bloated! That's the worst!
  • mbcieslak87
    mbcieslak87 Posts: 206 Member
    edited January 2016
    Even The Rock has cheat days:
    4zimrmzjy8hw.jpg
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Good for you for recognising a bad night but not letting it defeat you. Good luck doing better today.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member

I'll have to check. I've never counted weekly before

I started to, and it really helped me see a higher calorie day in perspective. I celebrated my birthday this weekend and went over for 3 days. But my average net is still 1200, which is pretty amazing.
  • ldowdesw
    ldowdesw Posts: 222 Member
    What is jack in the box?? From uk so apologies for my ignorance but I'm curious xx
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Weekly deficit > daily deficit.

As for what I do when I go over my calories, I move on. What else is there to do? I certainly don't sulk about it. I've found over the past two years of cutting, maintaining, and then bulking that indulging here and there really doesn't make that big of a difference. As long as you don't let one day turn into several weeks/months, you're fine. Over-dramatizing everything adds stress, which is counter-intuitive.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    ldowdesw wrote: »
    What is jack in the box?? From uk so apologies for my ignorance but I'm curious xx

1f6c2323986a4c60a2a1b09d00dffc6b.jpg
  • laraaragon

It's a fast food place.
  • ldowdesw

It's a fast food place.

Thank you
  • ldowdesw

It's a fast food place.
    Thank you, if that says grilled sandwiches, I'd be in heaven!! (Literally) cholesterol overload ;)