Adding Fiber to my Diet

Options
2»

Replies

• melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    You could also experiment with different snack/protein bars or trail mixes and the like. Granola bars have fiber I believe, and then there's the protein bars with specifically added fiber like Quest (with many delicious flavors!) and you could portion out different nut/seed/dried fruit mixes which naturally have a lot of fiber. I think you could easily get 10-20g fiber in within ~200 cal this way!
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    JoJean12 wrote: »
    Having a bowl of Fiber1 cereal always helps me+ a serving of kidney beans. Fiber1 contains 55% of your daily fiber requirement

Same here. Thumbs up on FiberOne!

Beans, Brussel Sprouts, Spinach

Fiber one products are delicious! However, they use chicory root as their source of fiber, and it gives me horrible stomach upset. Apparently this is very common in a lot of people :-(
  • EzRemake
    EzRemake Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Kellogs Bran Buds. 140 calories for 22g of fiber, it's actually kind of insane.
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I eat two Fiber Gummies a day and try to at least eat one of those Fiber one 90 calorie fiber snacks... I don't always hit my target, but it helps.
  • WinterSkies
    WinterSkies Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I think I saw it mentioned above, but apples are super for fibre. A decent sized apple with the skin on (150g not including the core) can have 4-5g of fibre in it! I try to eat an apple every day - Honeycrisp and Jazz varieties are delicious, if you can find them :smile:
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Raspberries have quite a bit, I think 8 grams per cup. Oatmeal with a spoon of peanut butter and raspberries is good, and you get fiber from the oats and berries - it has a peanut butter and jelly vibe going on. And you can try different grains and different ways of cooking them. I also don't like brown rice, but I like barley, quinoa, and farro. I like to cook them with broth, Parmesan cheese, and mushrooms - kind of like risotto. Or put them in soup.
    And I second the Thomas English Muffins - they make a few varieties with high fiber that taste good. I use them instead of bread for sandwiches.