Good indoor exercise, no equipment, very small area to work in

Options
I am needing some exercise ideas to do indoors. Since its snowing pretty heavy, I can't go to the gym :(. I live in a small apartment and I have no equipment. Any tips or ideas?

Replies

• lml852014
    lml852014 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    look up blogalites on youtube, she has a TON of great workouts
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I practice yoga - not just the gentle stretching kind, which I do do for warmups, but also the whole body, bodyweight kind. Equipment needed - yoga mat, regular belt, yoga blocks (optional).

Do you have space in front of your computer or TV to do exercise videos? Maybe try the one month free trial of Daily Burn? Someone will probably be along with suggestions from youtube. When the weather clears, you can pick up some DVDs from you library and see if there are any you'd like to buy to have on hand for when you're snowbound.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Leslie sansone on YouTube! Or fitness blender. Or Jillian Michaels on YouTube
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Walk At Home is cardio for a small space

www.youtube.com/user/walkathomemedia

Yoga & pilates are typically done on a mat (small space)...some here

http://jessicasmithtv.com/exercise-videos/
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    www.fitnessblender.com
    I love it because of the wide variety. I can easily search based on the type of exercise I want, how long of a workout, and what equipment I have (or don't have, in my case).
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    tons of body weight exercises are out there. I love FitnessBlender, too.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Does the building have stairs? Walk or run them.
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    check out darebee.com lots of awesome body weight workouts
  • cJOYv6881
    cJOYv6881 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I can't afford to go to the gym, so I do all my exercises at home. I jog in place in front of the tv in the living room. Keeps me entertained while I'm doing it! I also do crunches and push ups on the living room floor, stretches, lunges, jumping jacks (though if you're in an apartment your downstairs neighbors might not like that), basically any exercise that doesn't involve traveling around too much. I walk up and down the stairs, and I have borrowed a set of dumbbells from a friend and they're not a bad replacement for gym weights, at least for the level I'm at right now.
  • Roeder1122
    Roeder1122 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    Does the building have stairs? Walk or run them.
    No steps :/ I have 1 step going to my porch but I can't jump steps because we have right now, 8 inches of snow and its still snowing!
  • Roeder1122
    Options
    cJOYv6881 wrote: »
    I can't afford to go to the gym, so I do all my exercises at home. I jog in place in front of the tv in the living room. Keeps me entertained while I'm doing it! I also do crunches and push ups on the living room floor, stretches, lunges, jumping jacks (though if you're in an apartment your downstairs neighbors might not like that), basically any exercise that doesn't involve traveling around too much. I walk up and down the stairs, and I have borrowed a set of dumbbells from a friend and they're not a bad replacement for gym weights, at least for the level I'm at right now.
    the way our apt is set up, I have neighbors beside me, none above or below.

• queenbekks
    queenbekks Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Bodyweight exercises! Just search it on Pinterest, there's TONS of lists on there for every fitness level.
  • KnitSewSpin
    KnitSewSpin Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Urban rebounding if you have a mini trampoline.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Go outside and shovel snow! I bet there is plenty to work with...

I think it is time for youtube and goole!!!
  • ivvassileva
    ivvassileva Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I m using the workout trainer by Skimble (https://www.skimble.com) and it is saving my life. There is an app for both Android and iOS with tons of workouts and you get to pick the duration, difficulty, equipment and all. It' awesome :)
  • Roeder1122
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »

Ha-ha to funny... But no! No shoveling snow. It's freezing out and we are up to about 10 inches now and its STILL snowing.

• KittyHeaven74
    KittyHeaven74 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Leslie sansone on YouTube! Or fitness blender. Or Jillian Michaels on YouTube

I really love Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds series. It doesn't require a ton of space and you can make it more intense simply by modifying your walks to add a little more bounce. I turn some of my walking moves into "dance" moves to make them feel a little harder. Gets the blood pumping. Some of her programs do require additional equipment (stretch bands and the like) but you can buy most of that stuff somewhere like Walmart or Target (and it's not that expensive to order it online, either). YOu can also just do the moves without the equipment. I do taht with the arm workout because I have a shoulder injury and can't put any strain on it.
  • WinterSkies
    WinterSkies Posts: 940 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    aerochic42 wrote: »
    check out darebee.com lots of awesome body weight workouts

I'll second this one... tons of great workouts, and nifty little things like boxes to check off as you complete sets, break timers, videos showing how to do each move, etc.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    Roeder1122 wrote: »
    gia07 wrote: »

Ha-ha to funny... But no! No shoveling snow. It's freezing out and we are up to about 10 inches now and its STILL snowing.

Advice:do not wait to shovel. Snow is much easier to handle if you remove it from the walkways every 2".
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,506 Member
    Options
    Suspension system. Relatively inexpensive, portable and can do a good multitude of exercise.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png