From Obese to Curvy in all the right places.

Replies

• elucy_21
    elucy_21 Posts: 9 Member
    GREAT JOB! Congrats and keep up the WONDERFUL WORK
  • fungirl32
    fungirl32 Posts: 17 Member
    WOW!! Beast Mode!!! Good Job!! #ImNext :))
  • elaineamj
    elaineamj Posts: 347 Member
    Congratulations!! I love your story is persevering with what you decided to do despite the stares. I'm hopelessly uncoordinated and clumsy. In my 30s, I've decided to stop letting that control my life or determine what I can or cannot do. All my life I "could not" play tennis because I couldn't get coordinated enough to hit the darn ball. 2-3 years ago, my DH begged me to learn so he could have someone to play with. I resisted but eventually started practicing. I was absolutely terrible - it took me just about an entire year to be able to serve the ball and hit it somewhat consistently! But I pushed through despite looking like an idiot and now I love tennis. I still suck at it - but have a blast running around the court anyway.

You're doing an amazing thing for your current and future self!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    You. Nailed. It.
    Your post is beautifully and eloquently written. Thank you for taking the time to put all of that down into words for others to read. I'm grateful for that. I hope you continue to post your successes. I'd bet money that there will be many more. :heart:
  • CrystalCM10
    CrystalCM10 Posts: 6 Member
    You are absolutely amazing. Thank you for this post and for the inspiration you've given me :)
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Congrats on your progress, you look great!
  • chrysalis2015
    chrysalis2015 Posts: 212 Member
    Fantastic work!!! Be proud of those curves :smiley:
  • DebBahr
    DebBahr Posts: 110 Member
    Thank you for sharing your story. Very impressed with your perseverance. You look fantastic!
  • magicsd
    magicsd Posts: 99 Member
    Thank you for sharing! Great Job!
  • Eddie__Jones
    Eddie__Jones Posts: 197 Member
    nice job
  • GreyKnight120
    GreyKnight120 Posts: 60 Member
    Awesome progress and great story!! FitnessBlender is amazing too! Daniel kicks my butt a few times a week!!
  • Darjaurhziva
    Darjaurhziva Posts: 28 Member
    You are a winner :)
  • Junepal
    Junepal Posts: 148 Member
    You look amazing! Thank you for sharing your story and helping me keep my spark within lit :) "At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us."~Albert Schweitzer
  • ACanadian22
    ACanadian22 Posts: 377 Member
    You look great...You have a weight lifting sort of look. Beautiful you are btw :)
  • hotcoffee692
    hotcoffee692 Posts: 167 Member
    So inspiring!
  • StanfodKS91
    StanfodKS91 Posts: 4 Member
    You look great!!!! Great job!
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Amazing progress! Love your story. Keep going girl. You've got this. You can do anything!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Congrats! You look good!
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Thanks for sharing! Great story and I"m where you were so this came at a great time for me!
  • seabrzjo
    seabrzjo Posts: 27 Member
    I so needed to read a success post like yours today. A few weeks ago I decided to get serious about getting back to a healthy weight. I knew it would be tough and that I should also start exercising (for my health). I had an almost new treadmill in a spare room that had become a storage area for clutter. I cleared that off and started walking daily. At first, I could only maintain 2 MPH, but it was only a week before I was up to 2.5 MPH. I'm now mixing that up with short spurts at 3 MPH. I was humiliated and mentally beating myself up, but I kept going. I am already seeing unexpected benefits like sleeping better, happier moods, and much more energy. Even if this current pace is not helping my weight loss much, the side benefits are a great reward. I know that I will push on and cannot wait to get to 4 MPH (or higher).

Thanks for sharing your story, and congratulations on your success. You are beautiful!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!