Alternatives to 30 day shred?

Options
I'm a total beginner when it comes to exercise - I've never been able to do a single pushup.

I'm looking for an at-home workout program for beginners - something that tells me EXACTLY what to do every day, preferably about a month long to kind of ease me into this whole exercise thing. I don't mind buying DVDs.

Any suggestions? Thanks. (And please don't say youtube. There are way too many options and I just get confused).

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    If you can do two sets of 10 pushups against the counter and are willing to buy some dumbbells, you could do Stage 1 of the New Rules of Lifting for Women program at home. That should take you at least a month. At that point, you may want to join a gym to have access to a complete range of equipment.

step-2.jpg
  • neela1880
    neela1880 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels has beginner shred DVD you could try. That might be helpful.
  • amandabullock120
    amandabullock120 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    neela1880 wrote: »
    Jillian Michaels has beginner shred DVD you could try. That might be helpful.

^^^THIS^^^
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Why do you want an alternative to 30DS? Just trying to see if something else by Jillian would work for you. I like Ripped in 30, you do strength for 30 seconds each, as opposed to the minute, then 30 second. I do them regularly but did level one in each for like 2 months, just upping weight at I got stronger and more confident.
  • dwulet130
    dwulet130 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Why do you want an alternative to 30DS? Just trying to see if something else by Jillian would work for you. I like Ripped in 30, you do strength for 30 seconds each, as opposed to the minute, then 30 second. I do them regularly but did level one in each for like 2 months, just upping weight at I got stronger and more confident.

I've just heard it's really hard, and I'm kind of a wimp.

30 day shred beginner sounds perfect though.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Look up BeFit on Youtube. They have some Jillian Michaels workouts posted. You can check and see if it's something you feel like you can do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8
  • elykt
    elykt Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    The Jillian Michaels work outs are fantastic (or so I believe). They worked great for me last time, and as you build your strength you can keep up with them better. I just recently discovered Fitness Blender on YouTube, they have a ton of great work out videos as well at different levels and different types.
  • meghrose17
    meghrose17 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    FitnessBlender.com or on YouTube. They have 30 day programs you can buy, but tons of free vids too. Also on YouTube: Priority One has a 101 series that builds and is basic aerobic stuff that isn't too hard - but is a surprisingly good workout!
  • bvff35
    bvff35 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Beginner Shred is the place!!! I can't even do 1 regular pushup either. I will get there though, someday.
  • GetFitKimmie
    GetFitKimmie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have the 21 day fix workout DVDs. I don't follow the 21df meal plan or anything. Just the workouts. I like them.
  • melissavangulck287
    melissavangulck287 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I was going to say 21 day fix as well. I was inactive for many years, this was the program I got back into it with. And the wonderful thing with it is it's only half an hour a day, very easy to fit into any schedule. Feel free to message me if you need more information or have any questions.
  • dwulet130
    dwulet130 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, you all are awesome. Time to reason reviews on Amazon!