New to exercising/working out,need info.

Options
Ok my question is what type of routine should I do,I just got a total gym and my plan is to get toned and definition I've lost 85 pounds in the last 5 to 6 months but didn't have any real exercise incorporated.

What I'm unsure of is should I be doing things like chest,arms,legs,abs one day and then the next do something like walk/jog,and then back to the other the next day or can I just kind of do a little of everything like 6 days a week,basically wanting to know what a good weekly routine would be.

Replies

• whinebag
    whinebag Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Any info would be appreciated.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    congrats on the 85 lb loss.. I typically tell new people to do a PUSH PULL workout if they want to workout six days a week. Mon Chest shoulders Tri's ---tues Legs and abs wed back biceps day off and start over. It gives you two full days of rest between workouts which is nice for recovery
  • daves05
    daves05 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Great job on the weight loss if you're new to weight lifting I would start off with a full body workout maybe 3 times a week , with a non weight lifting rest day in between. if you want to do cardio in between on your non weight lifting days that would be ok
  • whinebag
    whinebag Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    daves05 wrote: »
    Great job on the weight loss if you're new to weight lifting I would start off with a full body workout maybe 3 times a week , with a non weight lifting rest day in between. if you want to do cardio in between on your non weight lifting days that would be ok

What type of cardio do you recommend I'm really trying to tone up everything.