Anxiety and Depression

Options
Anyone who wants to be friends/offer suggestions? Exercise (& medication) makes me feel better. I have a LONG road ahead. I've mostly been walking, just the last few weeks.

Replies

• Whodat8383
    Whodat8383 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Excuse the pun...unintentional, lol! Long road...walking...it's early in the morning here!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    exercise is important, nice kitty
  • Adylia16
    Adylia16 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I have mild dysthymia and walking too. trying to do relaxing exercises. 60kg to lose! Feel free to add.
  • dearmrsowl
    dearmrsowl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Exercise always helps me to feel better when I'm really anxious. When I'm in a depressive episode however, the struggle of even motivating myself to do something is real. I'm always glad I worked out though when I'm done.
  • Sukisumi
    Sukisumi Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I was first diagnosed with anxiety and depression when I was 11 and have had it my whole life. I'm particularly suffering recently so if you want to add me then please do! We're all in this together xx
  • GottaJustKeepItMoving
    Options
    Hey! :) I like the pun- the unintentional ones ares the best! But I know exactly where you're coming from. Feel free to add me for support- I've been lurking here for aaaages, but decided maybe the reason I haven't succeeded yet is because I'm not making the most of the MFP support network. I have both anxiety & depression. Workouts always make me feel better, but getting the motivation to do it is so hard- and sometimes I start a workout and just end up stopping five minutes in because my head tells me it's pointless...but I'm determined I will get there, and you can too! Walking is a fantastic exercise. You can do it, we all can! Starting small leads to big things o:)
  • turboscrub
    turboscrub Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've been dealing with anxiety/depression and I pretty much just walk for exercise. I used to listen to podcasts, a pleasant way to keep me distracted. But for the last few months, I've been going radio silent and it's been a really great way to clear my head first thing in the morning. Feel free to add me, if you'd like. It can sometimes be a struggle balancing your mood and motivation to exercise, but it's so worth it.
  • boegeholda
    boegeholda Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    my boyfriend and I notice our moods improve when we cut out alcohol (or stick to 1-2 drinks when we do drink) and stick to exercise. We like the treadmill/elliptical machines mainly because along with depression and anxiety, we both have temper issues, so I take out stress on the treadmill. Hiking in the woods for a few hours also helps my mood.
  • lainy1979
    lainy1979 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been on medication for depression & anxiety for many years, at the moment i'm on Mirtazapine which I've been told is notorious for weight gain but has lifted my mood enough for me to get back on MFP. I've been walking a lot too it helps to clear my mind and gives me a boost of motivation. Feel free to add me ☺ I was going to post something similar but didn't have the nerve!
  • saralthrash
    saralthrash Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    In the same boat! Medication has helped a great deal but the endorphins from a good cardio workout really changes my day! Anyone please feel free to add me! It's nice to have a support team of people who are working through the same stuff!
  • weezyxo
    weezyxo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    I've struggled with bad anxiety for a couple years now, if you ever need tips to deal or motivation for your weight loss feel free to message me :)
  • Himurahotaru
    Himurahotaru Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Super bad anxiety, depression since I was 13...I have weight to loose and I am having the worst time and my depression is really making it difficult. I don't have much advice to give because I'm obviously not doing so great myself
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    the might medication, counselling, support groups, sleeping properly, eating properly, exercise, good support network.
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I've struggled with anxiety for as long as I can remember but didn't realize it was a real issue for me until grad school. I finally went on medication for it last year & it helped a little too much, making me lethargic & literally give no f*cks about anything. I ended up gaining back the 30lbs I had lost. I finally got my dosage adjusted in December and am feeling great now. My anxiety is under control but I care about my school work and my health again, yay! Feel free to add me. :)
  • ShrinkingScientist
    Options
    I deal with anxiety and depression too. Grad school makes it so much worse, but I'm doing better on meds now. :)
  • pittdan77
    pittdan77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Mine set in as a result of a head injury. Not cool. Exercise helps but I like not dealing with my triggers even better. Losing weight has helped too.
  • MrsGraham1020
    MrsGraham1020 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression after I had my daughter but I've had if for a long while now. I'm finally on medication and I'm working on getting in shape. Feel free to add me if you would like a support buddy.
  • moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I've been on Fluoxetine continuously for the past three years and the journey to a better physique is pretty much my only avenue for self-esteem, although I still hate myself for not being ripped enough for the modern dating standard. One day after the next, I guess...
  • ssernst
    ssernst Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I also struggle with depression and anxiety as a result of bipolar II. Medication is a necessity for me but I have had a hard time staying with an exercise routine.

Please feel free to add me; I am happy to support and can use some myself :smile:
  • nkt44
    nkt44 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been bipolar 2 all my life but was diagnosed about 2.5 years ago after being treated unsuccessfully for major depression for two years. In the process I went from 58kg to 78.6kg. I try to keep below 1,200 calories per day but exercise is impossible. I have a treadmill but washing and brushing my teeth is a challenge. Daily exercise is pipe dream.