Sushi cravings... You feel me bro?

Options
I honestly think I am addicted to sushi. It sounds terribly upper class, but out here in Aus you can get awesome, cheap sushi everywhere.
I actually crave it. Crispy soft shell crab, brown rice hand rolls are like crack to me.

I read in an article that it is the perfect balance of sweet, savoury, umami; which is why your body can almost get addicted to it.

Anyone else getting sushi madness?

ah man.... it's lunch time.... Sushi'o'clock

Replies

• xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I don't know what it is about sushi, but even though I've never gotten great sushi I crave it every once in a while. It's so weird. I'll order it, and it'll be good at first, then okay, then by the end I've sworn off sushi forever, but then I'll crave it like crazy a week later. I don't understand it. It's the same thing with Indian food too. (I live in an area that doesn't have stellar places for either type, which doesn't help.)
  • nippsynoo
    nippsynoo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm really lucky living in Melbourne, Australia. A lot of fresh seafood and sushi places on every corner. I just need to convince my boyfriend to like it now so we can go out for Japanese more often!
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge sushi fan. But funnily enough I had a huge craving for suchi once. That was very odd for me. Anyway forced my husband for us to have sushi one day. The craving diminished. And a couple of days later found out that I was preggo. Weirdly, I didn't crave anything again throughout the pregnancy.

Not really relevant but just reminded me of it.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Sushi (even better yet, sashimi) is one of my favorite foods. We eat it at least once a week, but I'd probably eat it every day if given the chance!
  • cJOYv6881
    cJOYv6881 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I live in the middle of the Canadian prairies, so I doubt I've ever had truly good sushi, but I still love it so much and crave it like crazy at least once a week!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I do, but my favorite sushi is salmon, and I found that just having some smoked salmon totally satisfies my craving.
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I live in a land-locked city most of the time, but when I go to the coast? Sushi heaven! I could eat salmon all day long...