Don't forget to make room for beer.

Options
Limak1000
Limak1000 Posts: 10 Member
edited January 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Anyone else make room for beer on Fridays and Saturdays and basically starve themselves?

Replies

• cthakkar1985
    cthakkar1985 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Haha, I make room for beer usually once a week and take it out of my carb allotment for the day. I try to limt it to 2-3 beers
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    As my weight has dropped my alcohol tolerance has also dropped. I don't need to starve for my beer. I usually have one or two each week. Depending on how much you drink, you could save a few calories each day and use those on the weekend.
  • Limak1000
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    As my weight has dropped my alcohol tolerance has also dropped. I don't need to starve for my beer. I usually have one or two each week. Depending on how much you drink, you could save a few calories each day and use those on the weekend.

SERIOUSLY! I've been eating clean for a week now and feel buzzed right now after one 24oz Pale Ale.

• Limak1000
    Options
    Haha, I make room for beer usually once a week and take it out of my carb allotment for the day. I try to limt it to 2-3 beers

Exactly!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Hmm. Just drank a 15% beer which doesn't fit in my calories. Hopefully the 9 mile hike tomorrow will make up for it.
  • Limak1000
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Hmm. Just drank a 15% beer which doesn't fit in my calories. Hopefully the 9 mile hike tomorrow will make up for it.

15% beer? Where do i get me one of those? The highest is 9.5 and that's a porter that I drink.

• cthakkar1985
    cthakkar1985 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    This is a good post to debunk the myth that you have to stop drinking alcohol to lose weight. I lost almost 50 lbs in 6 months and drank once a week. Drink up MFP community! Of course, always drink responsibly.
  • gostumpy
    gostumpy Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I did that, and usually failed... my 'drinking' days were often 800 + calories over

I stopped drinking completely in October, and I'm finally making progress on my weight after over 2 years of trying!

I know it seems crazy but if someone is having trouble losing weight but are drinking 10+ beers per week, it's an easy way to shift the needle
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Not really an issue to have a beer or two (or wine)....though it does depend on if you want to be strict to your calories and what your total for the day is... Normally, I am looking at 2200 or so calories a day to lose my weight so a pint only adds about 200 calories...or roughly the same as two slices or bread. Not disastrous.
  • Limak1000
    Options
    I'm at 1500 cals but usually consume less. Especially Fri and Sat because those are beer nights.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I don't need to starve myself for beer. I just reserve the daily calories for it.
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Limak1000 wrote: »
    Anyone else make room for beer on Fridays and Saturdays and basically starve themselves?

I make room through exercise. Sometimes I 'bank' my exercise calories throughout the week for drinkin' ;)

Tried the 'starving myself' thing, I usually find that after a night of drinking I end up stuffing my face with carbs when I get home!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I exercise a lot.

But I can't drink more than one or two drinks.

But I make room for those nearly every day. :)
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    I swear 50% of my running is for beer and wine, and I run a LOT
    But my alcohol tolerance is fairly low now. More than 2 and I'm gonna feel it in the morning. Hell, sometimes even 2 gives me a headache, no matter how much water I have
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm yes... Had a garnet IPA at Petaluma Hills tap room on my way home from work today. I Zumba like a pole dancer who's short on her rent for those darn beers!
  • ren3liz
    ren3liz Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Heh! No choice. I sell craft beer for a living. :) I am only recently becoming more calorie conscious about my intake though.
  • jpcebu
    jpcebu Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Well most experts say not to drink alcohol on your diet or drink very little. But I love my beer so much, that the first entry on MFP everyday is 6 bottles of lite beer (100 Calories each) after my evening meal. Then, I plan my meals for the day with the remaining calories. And I continue to lose weight weekly. And if I am out with friends and drink a few more than 6, then I just cut calories from other areas. I still exercise and try to eat healthy foods but give up beer is a deal breaker for me.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Pfft. Everyone knows wine has antioxidants and is therefore better for you.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    beer
    Pfft. Everyone knows wine has antioxidants and is therefore better for you.
    some research shows beer better for exercise recovery :)