Go to Foods

Options
What are some of your go to foods since using my fitness pal?

Replies

• OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Everything I like, in the right amount.
  • suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I'm eating a much wider range of food since I started CICO, especially my evening meal. Lots of different meats, fish, shellfish and a greater variety of veggies. I also like trying different types of bread now.

Its odd but I never ate pizza before MFP but now I sometimes enjoy thin & crispy pizza [1/2 a one] with salad and homemade oven chips. I've found sweet chilli chicken pizza for 348 cals per half pizza and a mozzarella &
    spinach one for 438 cals per half. Makes a good 'go to' dinner when I'm too late to cook from scratch.

If I need a grab and go snack its a banana.
  • novatri
    novatri Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Brussels sprouts or eggs. Snacks are almonds or low fat cheese sticks :)
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Spinach and arugula. I am sorry if they sound boring, but I toss a handful of one or the other on my plate during family suppers, especially if I haven't made a "real" salad. They add a nice amount of nutrition with little effort and fill my plate (which was important when I first started cutting my portion sizes at the start of my weight loss). My hubby does the same and even the 18 yr old son does from time to time. Good habit all around.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    novatri wrote: »
    Brussels sprouts or eggs. Snacks are almonds or low fat cheese sticks :)

Brussels sprouts. Yum. One of my favorites.

I eat a lot of eggs and cottage cheese. Plus tons of produce that varies based on season and price.