Phentermine

Options
heatherhb2016
heatherhb2016 Posts: 36 Member
edited January 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I see alot of negative about Phentermine throughout this APP. However, so far, this drug is working for me with minimal side effects. I eat 3x per day. Of course I only take half my prescribed dose. I believe if you use this pill as an aid, and not your entire diet, that you'll hve a higher chance for success! I've done tons of research! I'm slowly changing the way I eat, what I eat, and keeping a daily diary! I'm hoping to learn and keep learning... Even after Phentermine! I think to each their own! Do what works for YOU!
***If you're looking for Phentermine friendly users... Please join the Phentermine Users group :D
*** To those with more negative comments, this is ONLY my experience so far. Thanks

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    If you say so. I learned how to eat the old fashioned way, there is nothing wrong with experiencing a little hunger pang.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,912 Member
    Options
    How long have you been taking it? Are you aware that the FDA recommends taking this habit forming stimulant for only three weeks at a time, so any longer is an off-label, not recommended use?
  • EvitaCarolina1
    EvitaCarolina1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I lost about 80 lbs. over the course of 6 months on phentermine. I loved it, but now my doctor won't Prescribe it since he says you aren't allowed to take it past 6 months. Now I am trying a medicine called Contrave, and I am not liking the side effects.
  • heatherhb2016
    Options
    8 days. I'm a recovery counselor, so I'm very aware of abuse. As I said, I'm only taking half my prescribed dose. I only plan on using it a month or so. I'm not obese. But, I'm overweight. I've been stuck at same weight plateu for at least five years....until now. Hope this helps. Thanks for your comment! :)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,912 Member
    Options
    For others that aren't already aware - phentermine has pharmacology similar to amphetamine. Yanno, speed.
  • heatherhb2016
    Options
    I lost about 80 lbs. over the course of 6 months on phentermine. I loved it, but now my doctor won't Prescribe it since he says you aren't allowed to take it past 6 months. Now I am trying a medicine called Contrave, and I am not liking the side effects.

Hi. Thanks. What is contrave? What are your side effects?
  • heatherhb2016
    edited January 2016
    Options
    uot
  • heatherhb2016
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    How long have you been taking it? Are you aware that the FDA recommends taking this habit forming stimulant for only three weeks at a time, so any longer is an off-label, not recommended use?
    8 days. I'm a recovery counselor, so I'm very aware of abuse. As I said, I'm only taking half my prescribed dose. I only plan on using it a month or so. I'm not obese. But, I'm overweight. I've been stuck at same weight plateu for at least five years....until now. Hope this helps. Thanks for your comment! :)
  • EvitaCarolina1
    EvitaCarolina1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Contave is another weight loss medication that is sopposed to help with appetite control as well, but all it has done for me is make me nauseas, dizzy and basically every side effect is warns. So I stopped taking it. The medicines are more of a crutch than anything. It all just comes down to working out and eating healthy.
  • heatherhb2016
    edited January 2016
    Options

Contave is another weight loss medication that is sopposed to help with appetite control as well, but all it has done for me is make me nauseas, dizzy and basically every side effect is warns. So I stopped taking it. The medicines are more of a crutch than anything. It all just comes down to working out and eating healthy.
    Sometimes,if it weren't for crutches, people wouldn't walk. Is it a scheduled drug too? I'm going to Google it. You've peaked my curiosity! I'm sorry your experiencing negative side effects. I did the first two days with Phentermine, now they've almost totally dissipated. How long WERE you on contrave?
  • heatherhb2016
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    For others that aren't already aware - phentermine has pharmacology similar to amphetamine. Yanno, speed.

As a recovery counselor, I must say, never counseled many, in fact ANY, Phentermine addicts! I'M sure they're out there. However, like any other scheduled drug, it has potential for abuse, yes! I wouldn't recommend it, personally, to someone that enjoys or has ever been addicted to uppers aka speed, amPhetimines, meth, etc. Thanks again! :)
  • rshunk
    rshunk Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    How do I join the Phentermine Users group?
  • rshunk
    rshunk Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Nevermind, found it!!
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I am sorry, and this is just my opinion. I am not trying to be rude, but, I can't seem to wrap my brain around a recovery counselor recommending anyone using a drug that can be addictive to obtain a goal that can be obtained successfully without the use of any "crutch". Especially for something like weight loss. Even if a person does not/has not enjoyed or has not even tried speed or any other type of drug, there is still the chance of a person becoming addicted.
  • heatherhb2016
    edited January 2016
    Options
    choppie70 wrote: »
    I am sorry, and this is just my opinion. I am not trying to be rude, but, I can't seem to wrap my brain around a recovery counselor recommending anyone using a drug that can be addictive to obtain a goal that can be obtained successfully without the use of any "crutch". Especially for something like weight loss. Even if a person does not/has not enjoyed or has not even tried speed or any other type of drug, there is still the chance of a person becoming addicted.

Thanks for your opinion! :) however, I'm NOT working right now! This isn't an addiction/recovery group. This is about dieting! I'm stating my opinion and feelings as you are.
  • heatherhb2016
    Options
    rshunk wrote: »
    Nevermind, found it!!

Hey girl!!! I'm glad you found it! Someone was kind enough to show me earlier this morning. As you can see from some of these comments, some people will always find something BAD to say! Sometimes you just have to agree to disagree! Lol Good Luck!! ;)
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    choppie70 wrote: »

Thanks for your opinion! :) however, I'm NOT working right now! This isn't an addiction/recovery group. This is about dieting! I'm stating my opinion and feelings as you are.

Yes, this is about dieting, not addiction/recovery. However, I sit here thinking how many people may read this post who may be struggling with an ED, or may have a family history of addiction and feel encouraged to try this drug.

I am a teacher, I am technically NOT working on the weekends, but if I see a situation that can be potentially dangerous for a child, you bet your *kitten* I will say something.
  • Jbell0213
    Jbell0213 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I tried this drug and it made me want to climb the walls, even taking a half pill. No way. I would rather eat good and count my calories.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Some times people don't want to put in the work needed to lose weight. Its easier for them to look for a quick fix or magic pill. These fly by night "weight loss clinics" are out to make a profit. They will prescribe people that are not even classified as obese weight loss pills and often sell them other products . most of these places will offer bad information and further spread the woo around ( like shots that boost metabolism lol!) I would be very careful taking this drug and double check any info they try to give you (most of it is likely woo)

For weight loss, all that's needed is a calorie deficit. Eat less then you burn and you'll lose weight. There's no short cuts. This must be a lifestyle change in order to have lasting success.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    @thorsmom01 don't get me started on the unnecessary vitamin b12 shots those clinics give. They give you energy, etc if you are deficient in b12 but do nothing if you aren't deficient but they give them anyways