Turning 40 in 2016

Options
Hey! I will be 40 in September. I worked my butt off at 29 to be where I wanted to be at 30. Would love to be as happy about my body at 40 as I was at 30. Anyone else turning 40 this year?

Replies

• daniellel76
    daniellel76 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yep, turning 40 in May!! Would love to get this last 20 lbs off this year!
  • tcassell1
    tcassell1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ugh I'm joining the club too. Working on being super fierce and fab as well as turning that other f word this year lol.
  • angiedwill
    angiedwill Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    40 in July for me!!! Fit forty and fabulous is my goal!!!
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    angiedwill wrote: »
    40 in July for me!!! Fit forty and fabulous is my goal!!!

Ditto! Let's do it!
    Kinda fell off for a week but back....
  • msthang444
    Options
    Yep, turning 40 in May!! Would love to get this last 20 lbs off this year!

Yes! What's ur plan for right now?
  • BobbyZonum
    BobbyZonum Posts: 10 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Been there done that (40 I mean). I had a six pack till I was thirty six. Now I'm forty one and trying to get it back :(
  • FromAshes2Beast
    FromAshes2Beast Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I just did a week ago. Hoping to make my 40's awesome!
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I have urn 40 in February. I plan to celebrate by running my first marathon this fall.
  • grenamier
    grenamier Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just turned 40 in December and also happened to join a gym too. My 30s were a downward trend in my health so I'm hoping to turn it around this decade.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    40 in August and looking forward to it! Add me if you like.
  • pinelopi22
    pinelopi22 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'll be 40 in May. I stared MFP (for real) and walking with a good friend back in August and did well for a month or two, but have now gained exactly everything back. I'd love to be below my wedding day weight by by birthday,* but that would mean losing between 3-4 pounds on average every week between now and then. I know that's a very tall order, so all I can do is commit to doing my best between now and then and embrace that consistent effort as a kind of success whether or not I hit the actual scale number by then.

I know it seems shallow, but in addition to being healthier and feeling better, I am so excited about eventually enjoying myself in pretty clothes. I feel like I wasted time when I was younger dressing kind of drab and without inspiration. I think paying more attention to how I feel about my style as I shed my excess weight will be motivating.

*I originally wanted to have this amount of weight off by my 15th wedding anniversary in March, but that ship sailed a long time ago. Probably around that second piece of French silk pie at Thanhsgiving!
  • tracylee679
    tracylee679 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Yep, that would be me as well! Turning 40 in September and really want to get this weight off so that I can feel fabulous! Lost about 35 pounds a while back and gained it all back. So now it is time to get my butt in gear and do this! Can't wait to get started!
  • msthang444
    Options
    Yep, that would be me as well! Turning 40 in September and really want to get this weight off so that I can feel fabulous! Lost about 35 pounds a while back and gained it all back. So now it is time to get my butt in gear and do this! Can't wait to get started!

Right there wit u! I was down to 143, back up to 153. Now about 148. Wanna be at 135 by sept 4th. Whens ur bday?
  • msthang444
    Options
    pinelopi22 wrote: »
    I'll be 40 in May. I stared MFP (for real) and walking with a good friend back in August and did well for a month or two, but have now gained exactly everything back. I'd love to be below my wedding day weight by by birthday,* but that would mean losing between 3-4 pounds on average every week between now and then. I know that's a very tall order, so all I can do is commit to doing my best between now and then and embrace that consistent effort as a kind of success whether or not I hit the actual scale number by then.

I know it seems shallow, but in addition to being healthier and feeling better, I am so excited about eventually enjoying myself in pretty clothes. I feel like I wasted time when I was younger dressing kind of drab and without inspiration. I think paying more attention to how I feel about my style as I shed my excess weight will be motivating.

*I originally wanted to have this amount of weight off by my 15th wedding anniversary in March, but that ship sailed a long time ago. Probably around that second piece of French silk pie at Thanhsgiving!

I completely get it. I would love to puck out clothes i like and not that "hide" me
  • msthang444
    Options
    40 in August and looking forward to it! Add me if you like.

Love ur name!
  • tracylee679
    tracylee679 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    msthang444 wrote: »

Right there wit u! I was down to 143, back up to 153. Now about 148. Wanna be at 135 by sept 4th. Whens ur bday?

Mine is 9/11. I am 185ish right now hoping to be down to 150 by then. Totally doable, I think!
  • Monnie67
    Monnie67 Posts: 88 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Well getting ready to leave the club soon, will be 49 in June. AARP here I come. Next year be 50 yrs and 25th wedding Anniversary taking my first cruise,to celebrate ⛴⛴⛴⛴⚓️want to look good!! . I have 12lbs to go to meet my goal. We can do this y'all stay focus and motivated. We are going to be happy in 2016 with the new you we are all creating one healthy meal at a time. Love your body with exercise, healthy eating and your body will love you back in pounds and inches lost. You can do it
  • tfisher678
    tfisher678 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group. I would like to be fit & Fabulous for my 40th birthday at the end of May. I have the same 20 lbs. I've been trying to lose for the last 13 years.
  • hockeysniper8
    hockeysniper8 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Had my 40th bday in Vegas last year! Just started using mfp to track my macros consistently... :smiley:
  • Alex729
    Alex729 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 40 in July and I hope to lose 25 lbs. by then! Being down 25 lbs will make the big 4-0 less scary ☺