Low calorie snacks

Options
therousehouse38
therousehouse38 Posts: 48 Member
Hi to you all well I'm a chocolate Lover and I am here losing my weight doing really well but now and then I'm getting a craving for stacks any ideas on chocolate style low-calorie snack please help...!!!!!!!

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Hot chocolate!
  • xveer22
    xveer22 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    So recognize the struggles. Here are the things that I've already tried:
    -85% chocolate
    -Protein bars, which are often chocolate flavour. I now have one that is only 93 kcalories
    - Oatmeal based hot chocolate. (I don't know if they have in the stores where you live, but I bumped into it at the shelve of the soy products. It is really tasty and lower in calories than real chocolate milk)
    - Muesli bars with chocolate pieces in between
    - Making home made oatmeal cookings with pieces of pure chocolate in there
    - Home made chocolate paste: tahin+ a bit of honey + cocoa = delicious!
    - Home made chocolate cookies: almonds+hazelnuts+honey+cacao
    - Smoothie banana+avocado+dates+cacao (very delicious, but also very high in calories)
  • therousehouse38
    Options
    Hellooo thanks so much for all the info....!! That be a great help thanks
  • amandajeanAKAaj
    amandajeanAKAaj Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    For me using slimfast royal chocolate drink mixed with almond milk to suppliment a meal helps me with my snack cravings and sweet tooth moments! Good luck to you!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Fudge pops. Skinny Cow ice cream bars. A lot of the regular ice cream bars aren't too bad calorie-wise. Vanilla Greek yogurt w/ about 10 grams of Hershey's cocoa powder makes a mousse-like dessert. Edy's slow churned ice cream. Jello sugar free pudding cups. There are lots of chocolate flavored Greek yogurts. A couple of squares of good quality dark chocolate.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    For me the best snacks are a handful of tree nuts or an apple.
  • therousehouse38
    Options
    Thanks I love apples.. Got a whole pile in front of me...!!! Mmmm
  • therousehouse38
    Options
    Thanks I love apples.. Got a whole pile in front of me...!!! Mmmm
    Fudge pops. Skinny Cow ice cream bars. A lot of the regular ice cream bars aren't too bad calorie-wise. Vanilla Greek yogurt w/ about 10 grams of Hershey's cocoa powder makes a mousse-like dessert. Edy's slow churned ice cream. Jello sugar free pudding cups. There are lots of chocolate flavored Greek yogurts. A couple of squares of good quality dark chocolate.

Thanks for the info...! I have a look at them...! They sound yummy
  • rleevegh
    rleevegh Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Make little sandwiches with Apple slices with peanut butter and a couple chocolate chips. It's so delicious and satisfying ☺️. Gets the chocolate cravings and it's a good snack to hold you over to the next meal. Here's a picture for what I'm talking about.

http://m.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipe/apple-sandwiches-granola-and-peanut-butter
  • smily5q
    smily5q Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Tahin, banana and cocoa :) this is my sweet snack
  • therousehouse38
    Options
    Thanks sounds yummy
  • Triplestep
    Triplestep Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I buy these Stabilyze chocolate nutrition bars at costco, and cut them in half for a 90 calorie hunger-busting snack. That small bit is surprisingly excellent satisfying, and I am someone who was never satisfied with only a little chocolate!
  • tonimyers93
    tonimyers93 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hot chocolate with marshmallows! Also plain rice crackers are bare minimum calories, put a little of something nice on them :) I like peanut butter and honey on mine which comes to about 60 calories a go.
  • therousehouse38
    Options
    Mmm they all sound nice ..
  • Sierrafoothills
    Sierrafoothills Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Chocolate! Haha! I have the dove dark chocolate with almonds promises. I have one each day.
  • Rnz123
    Rnz123 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My favourite are fibre 1 brownies, they're only 90 calories and they're so satisfying!! Not only do they satisfy chocolate cravings, but all other snack cravings as well. Honestly so glad I discovered them, it's such a generous portion and they're stuffed with chocolate chips :)
  • ammolite1
    ammolite1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Be really careful with those "skinny" type products. If they have artificial sweeteners in them to make them low calorie, there are so many reports out there about the negative effects of those chemicals on the body, not to mention how they affect the brain's response to sweet tastes, which can make healthy foods even less appealing, sabotaging all that hard work you've already done!