I can't get off the couch today

I am just so tired today and I can't find motivation to go work out. I'd rather stay in my pjs. SOS I need motivation!

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Only you can motivate yourself.

Only you can decide whether you want to reach your goal or not.

IMO, you CAN get off the couch, you just don't want to. There's a huge difference. Nothing is keeping you on the couch. You're not tied down to it. You're not physically limited. You're just being lazy. It happens to alot of us, but it's the decisions we make...
  • Itreadlightly
    Itreadlightly Posts: 87 Member
    Maybe you need a day off? There is something to be said for listening to your body- rest and tomorrow back at it.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Maybe you need a day off? There is something to be said for listening to your body- rest and tomorrow back at it.

This, depending on how much you've been working out lately, and how hard. As long as you're staying within your calorie goals, it's okay to have a day off sometimes.

Best of luck! :smile:
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    You're going to feel worse if you don't get up and work out. You'll be mad at yourself and feel shittier. So, dig deep and do something light; you'll feel so much better than you do at this moment.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Sometimes you just need to take a break. I spent the last two days doing virtually nothing. It's a very rare thing but sure was a good lesson on why I had so much trouble losing weight before I started tracking calories. Ate 300+ over maintenance today and to be honest still want to keep eating, although I won't.

I don't feel bad about it. Tomorrow is a new day and my work week begins again. Spring isn't too far away and being active will get easier again.