Mom Finally Worrying About Me

Options
I'm a single mom of three kids. As a parent our kids come before ourselves. For the past 13 years of being a mom I've put myself last aka non existent. 2016 is my year to focus on me more. I'm doing this to be a healthier mom and woman, but also to feel better about myself. Since coming back on MyFitnessPal one week ago and focusing on what I eat I've lost 2.6lbs. I'd love to connect with others who are also looking to achieve their goals no matter what those goals are. Doing this alone is fine, but doing it with others makes it 100 times better and easier! I look forward to this journey and hope everyone hits their goals!

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You're from Oshkosh? Home of the world's busiest airport for one week every year lol. Sounds like you're on the right track with your weight loss. Keep doing what you're doing and you'll get where you want to be :)
  • EmilyApell
    EmilyApell Posts: 7 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    That is awesome you know that! Thanks for the encouragement!
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    EmilyApell wrote: »

Most people don't know lol, but I happen to have my pilot's license.
  • EmilyApell
    Options
    AJ_G wrote: »

Most people don't know lol, but I happen to have my pilot's license.

Flying is amazing!
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I know that last year i put on weight because I was hanging onto my children's stress (I have a kid that was contemplating suicide, thankfully she's doing much much better now.) I didn't take care of myself and more weight piled on.

Taking care of ourselves as moms means we can be better for our kids! So no matter what I'm taking steps to take care of me.
  • EmilyApell
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Good for you! I know that last year i put on weight because I was hanging onto my children's stress (I have a kid that was contemplating suicide, thankfully she's doing much much better now.) I didn't take care of myself and more weight piled on.

Taking care of ourselves as moms means we can be better for our kids! So no matter what I'm taking steps to take care of me.

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter, but so happy she's doing better. It's amazing how the stress of our children can affect our health. I'm glad you're also talking care of yourself. We both will be better moms! :)
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter, but so happy she's doing better. It's amazing how the stress of our children can affect our health. I'm glad you're also talking care of yourself. We both will be better moms! :)

Exactly!
  • Alejandraoropeza98
    Alejandraoropeza98 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey guys ..I'm ALEJANDRA.

I'm New do this community..
    I been using this app for a while..and I just found this section in this app..

I'm looking for new friends so we can keep in couraging each other. on this difficult journey .
    if you see me.
    add me.
    I welcome everybody's comment .suggestions .feedbacks
    just add me
    add me .
    add me
  • bangingiron
    bangingiron Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Its never to late good job. Feel free to add me
  • EmilyApell
    Options
    Hey guys ..I'm ALEJANDRA.

I'm New do this community..
    I been using this app for a while..and I just found this section in this app..

I'm looking for new friends so we can keep in couraging each other. on this difficult journey .
    if you see me.
    add me.
    I welcome everybody's comment .suggestions .feedbacks
    just add me
    add me .
    add me

I accepted your request!
  • EmilyApell
    Options
    Its never to late good job. Feel free to add me

Thank you! I surely will send add you.
  • jesscox2003
    jesscox2003 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm a single mom to 3 kiddos. My oldest will 13 in aug. I'm trying to put my health first in line with my kids this year too. Add me if you want :)