Sorry to some, thanks to others

Options
Long story short: something crappy happened to me a few hours ago that really pulled the rug from under me and took me down a few notches. Perfect time for some introspection including my time online which includes MFP!

So here we go:

Sorry to some part.
The majority of my posts are not helpful in any way, shape or form and some may have hurt peoples' feelings. I sincerely apologize for that. Not only is it trollish, it is a waste of time and bandwidth to post it and have people read it. I'm all for calling out and ridiculing woo, fad diets and other worthless, potentially harmful things but I will not make any more posts that directly address another MFP member in a way that may be hurtful.

Thanks to others part.
I have learned a ton since I've been here. I'm not a scientist, nutritionist or fitness expert but many here are and several others who aren't still know a lot and share it with all of us daily. These people are typically called mean or bullies by newer people. I realized the ones who denounce B.S. every time they see it aren't mean, they just don't want to see people become discouraged or harm themselves. They're the exact opposite of mean! So thanks to many, many people on MFP and to MFP for being here.

This isn't some "goodbye forums" thread. I still intend to post but they may be few and far between since I'm going to wait until I have something worthwhile to post.

I always thought I was like the first guy here but when I think about I really am the second one and I don't like that. Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes!

gm8pf4910yfz.gif

And now I turn this thread over to kitteh and/or dog gifs. Other cute animals are cool, too.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-23859-1381845509-0.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-3409-1381844582-13.gif

64caqi9ce90f.gif

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    I don't recall seeing anything horrible from you, but then, we have similar viewpoints on most things so.... ok. lol

I'm routinely called mean. I call it honest, and won't change for anyone ;)

keep doin you and imparting anti BS measures and words of wisdom

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I love your posts and I'm here for the gif's too. Life's too short not to have fun and in 100 years no one will give a hoot what is being said today. Am I right?
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    There is that.
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Hope the rug is put under you again soon (and thanks for more Bowie references!)
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Perhaps others don't see yourself as you do. Did you hurt someone's feelings? That's bound to happen sooner or later--it's just life. Did you mean to hurt them? Did you apologize? These are just human failings, no need to jump in a hole and hide. That you are so upset with yourself, tells me you are a decent person. Try to make amends, and go on. Learn from the experience. I've seen your posts and enjoyed them. Come back and just be yourself.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I swear off the forums regularly and often. I find drinking helps.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    hey dude, I hope whatever happened to cause the introspection is capable of resolution or works itself out. All the best to you in any event.

I like your posts. We're pretty much on the same page, so that's not surprising. Take care :)
  • Yvonnie16
    Yvonnie16 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Rug gets cleaned now eh ;) (Pun. No offense intended :smile: )

Educated Skepticism and Rudeness have a very thin difference. Often it gets lost in transition of tone of voice. My learning is that the forums and messages and posts are excellent. Except, the tone while typing may not match tone when reading.

It happens and your gifs are cool :) Unsolicited my 2 cent :) Good luck. Cheers.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Sorry to hear. Hope everything works out for you.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    In for cat gifs.

giphy.gif

Also...
    Yvonnie16 wrote: »
    Rug gets cleaned now eh ;) (Pun. No offense intended :smile: )

Educated Skepticism and Rudeness have a very thin difference. Often it gets lost in transition of tone of voice. My learning is that the forums and messages and posts are excellent. Except, the tone while typing may not match tone when reading.

It happens and your gifs are cool :) Unsolicited my 2 cent :) Good luck. Cheers.

Reminds me of...

MjAxMS0xOWY5MDI2ZDZiMjdhY2I3.png
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    In for motivational cat gifs

174783e594d73de78a507ba84e998d2660be89e7b98cd8901815dbf8fbea451d.jpg
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options

we're soulmates.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I don't find you trollish
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options

we're soulmates.

d pic on its way
  • MyBoyG
    MyBoyG Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Honesty is always the best policy. Unfortunately many people don't want to hear it.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Yvonnie16 wrote: »
    Educated Skepticism and Rudeness have a very thin difference.

Jeez, yeah, this is really tough to get right. The tone. In person, especially. I'm getting better, but I know if I forget myself or get too excited, I can sound kinda cold & overly-bemused (at best) to mocking (at worst).

It's not cool; I really dislike snark in other people. Very rarely do I spout that stuff, but it pops into my head. I could. But I know plenty of obnoxious people that will go for it every time, and I don't wanna be like that. So I check myself and think of a better way to respond. Or not respond. Practice the poker face.

I would like to say useful things somehow, or not blabber at all.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Blah blah blah blah whatevs
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    sjohnny wrote: »
    Blah blah blah blah whatevs

My sentiments exactly.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    If you want the old rug back, hope you're standing on it with both feet soon. If you want a brand new rug, hope the right one finds its way to you quickly.

Apologize if necessary, learn what you can from the experience, resolve to do better and move forward. Making mistakes is what we do best sometimes. And it's what we do after that really matters. And that, my friend, is entirely under your control.
  • GUARDiAN_GUiLD
    GUARDiAN_GUiLD Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Listen, man. I don't know you but I hope you're doing well. I went through something similar very recently. After nearly six months of sobriety, I mistakenly thought I was strong enough to say no to certain things I should have said no to just because it was after New Year's and I was going through some things (hectic holidays, etc.) and I ended up doing the worst thing I could have ever done to myself. I even tried to reason it out to ease the burden but really, we all just have to accept the fact that we all fall, and that IS normal. Stand back up, don't look back, get back on track and you'll be alright. You'll be good.

It's better to get a PUI (Posting Under the Influence) than to get a real DUI by redlining it on the 710 eastbound transition to the 5 northbound at three in the morning in the rain. You overshoot that curve, fishtail, then end up sliding 100 yards or so and wake up in a damn hospital, barely unscathed.

It's F'd up and you continue the binge for a day or two because it's too hard to accept that you F'd up big time but then the right people with the right intentions for you come back into your life and show you the support you need. You take things easy for some time and do your own thing somewhere far for a few weeks, months, however long it takes. As long as you're doing positive things, getting yourself together, everything will work out ok.

Believe me, man. I know one guy who wishes he were in your place rather than the one he's found himself in currently. Yet you know what? He could've lost his life and forever hurt the people who truly love him so he has and never will give up. If you look at the big picture, this is NOTHING compared to what we face out there in the real world.

Keep the positivity going. Keep working on yourself, as it will probably be a life-long battle. I believe that patience, wisdom, and overall just growing up and learning through our experiences in general along with having a strong group of people you can trust and will always be there for you, things are going to be in your favor. So yeah, get back up, move forward, walk, run, read, lift, cook, laugh, hunt, take a getaway, just do YOU.

MFP or any other message-board (:::ahem:::YSGNerds at AGDQ:::ahem:::) haters will keep coming at you and revel in the times you fall, but they'll cry and crumble in their own self-hatred once they see you rise back up again.

This place has plenty of good, insightful, respectful, and knowledgeable members with helpful and noble intentions for people who find themselves trying to take that first or second or even fourth try at becoming better and healthier individuals, just so they too can improve and enjoy their respective lives, so whoever tries to get to you, just laugh it off or completely ignore them. You'll forget about them in no time. The fact is, they're miserable in their own lives, and it's probably worse than whatever it is you're going through, so don't stoop to their level. You're better than that.

Again, worry about YOU. The HEALTHIER and BIGGER you become -- mentally, physically, spiritually, morally, etc. -- the better your quality of life becomes again. And in the end, that's all that matters.

Take care. B)