Need motivation and support to lose 50 lbs

Options
I am 43 years old and weight 177lbs at 5'0. I am pre-diabetic and want to rid of this. I used to exercise at least 2-3 times a week, but I injured my neck and have been afraid to go back. I know I need to eat better, and get exercising again but working full-time and school at night 3 times a week makes it difficult to get a decent meal when all you have is 45 minutes a night. Dealing with anxiety doesn't help either. Much advice and motivation is the biggest thing I need.

Replies

• SabrinaBergman
    SabrinaBergman Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I work irregular and long hours and I've found it helpful to dedicate one day a week to meal prep so I can take meals on the go that are healthy and quick. I'm 24 and diabetic and have managed to cut out insulin completely and am working on going off medicine all together so it is possible. Exercise doesn't have to be super intense at first either, try small like going on walks and then increase intensity and activities as you're more comfortable.
  • dgoode444
    dgoode444 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You have a full plate. First check with your doctor to make sure exercising is safe and then try to fit in things when you can. Every little bit helps!
  • marise51
    marise51 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and on the road to losing 35 lbs. Add me if you'd like :D
  • minerve0001
    minerve0001 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the good encouragement. Started eating smaller portions. Trying to get a walk in every night when I'm home and during the day at least 30 minutes during lunch hour. Said no to snaks two nights in a row. It's a start. Diatian says to start slow. Don't cut everything out.