I have no clue what I'm doing lol

Options
Hello Everyone! I am new to the app and the dieting and exercising so any tips tricks or advise would be much appreciated! Also looking for friends to help me through this journey, and to help keep me motivated so don't be shy!

Replies

• ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Hi!

At the top of each forum, you'll find a helpful sticky-thread with links in it to some of the best information that members have posted. It's a great place to get started.

Welcome to the new healthier lifestyle!
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Welcome to this great place! Logging every day is key, it really keeps you accountable. You are welcome to add me, and look at my food journal and see what I fix. I really do think I eat a fair amount, but its all pretty clean, not a lot of pre-packaged foods, (except today when I had 2 pieces of pizza for 310 calories). You can do this!
  • mmmx392076
    mmmx392076 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Add lots of friends they keep you going. Log everything you eat and bad days happen don't give up. Tomorrow is a new day and you have to keep at it. You are more then welcome to add me as a friend. Mandi
  • barrski145
    barrski145 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Two key things that helped me were getting a quality heart rate monitor (HRM) and this app so your halfway there already. Be brutally honest when logging food and go by the HRM when figuring calories burned. The calorie burn indicator on machines are usually "WAY" over estimated so don't go by that. And don't get too hung up on the number on the scale. It's just a number. Go by how you feel and how your clothes fit. In the beginning you will probably drop weight fast then as your body gets used to the changes of exercise and diet things will slow down. When this happens, and it will, keep going and don't be afraid to change up your training routines.

Good luck and add me if you want. I always try to give positive feed back.