Share with me some of your chicken recipe that would go well with rice!

Options
zira91
zira91 Posts: 670 Member
edited January 2016 in Recipes
ive been trying lots of recipes and i want to try more new recipes that will go really well with rice.. if you have any, do share with me here! would really appreciate it!
(i dont have any slow cooker..so any recipe that doesnt involve that) :)

Replies

• rleevegh
    rleevegh Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Pan fried or grilled with garlic, salt, pepper, lemon rind and fresh squeezed lemon. Or you can buy a lemon pepper salt grinder at trader joes and just squeeze fresh lemon.
  • lisafreeman7505
    lisafreeman7505 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Preheat oven to 425, arrange chicken breasts ( I use skinless, boneless ) in 9x13 baking dish. Pesto on top, red onions and grape tomatoes pour some olive oil over the onions and grapes tomatoes and roast for 30-35 minutes. Here's a pic, simple ingredients AMAZING flavor
    180a0qwq47c9.jpeg
  • zira91
    Options
    rleevegh wrote: »
    Pan fried or grilled with garlic, salt, pepper, lemon rind and fresh squeezed lemon. Or you can buy a lemon pepper salt grinder at trader joes and just squeeze fresh lemon.

Thanks for sharing!! this is one of the most frequent recipe i've made because its so easy..
  • zira91
    Options
    Preheat oven to 425, arrange chicken breasts ( I use skinless, boneless ) in 9x13 baking dish. Pesto on top, red onions and grape tomatoes pour some olive oil over the onions and grapes tomatoes and roast for 30-35 minutes. Here's a pic, simple ingredients AMAZING flavor
    180a0qwq47c9.jpeg

That would definitely turn out amazing.. did u make ur own pesto?
  • zira91
    Options
    found one blog filled with awesome chicken recipes:
    recipetineats.com/category/main-ingredients/chicken-main-ingredients/
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    pinterest.com has some yummy chicken recipes
  • kurtzkc
    kurtzkc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like to do stuffed red peppers in the oven with chicken and couscous (though you could substitute rice for the couscous). With that I add anything extra I have lying around. Spinach, cottage cheese, egg, ect. are all good mixed with the chicken stuffing. Pintrest can give you some basic ideas if you look up stuffed red peppers.
  • flyingfur74
    flyingfur74 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Korean grilled chicken goes super with rice. Recipe on skinnytaste.com
  • AliceA2013
    AliceA2013 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Roast chicken with olives, dates and capers is scrumptious!
    http://www.ottolenghi.co.uk/roasted-chicken-legs-with-dates-olives-and-capers-shop (conflict of interest: none)
  • chelliebabe2000
    chelliebabe2000 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Chicken and mushroom risotto?
  • michaela4910
    michaela4910 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I don't have a recipe but I'd like to learn to make Kimchi and serve it with chopped grilled chicken and rice.
  • sureitstime
    sureitstime Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    If you like Indian food, I have a recipe for you.This is very easy to make. Throw in half an onion, ginger& garlic paste, 1 small tomato, garam masala according to your taste, turmeric (optional) into a blender and grind to a paste. Saute in a lil oil and season with salt. Add chicken pieces of your choice (I prefer dark meat with bone in), fry it in the masala for 2 mins, pour in a can of coconut milk and cook till chicken is done. Yum!
  • hmichaud09
    hmichaud09 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Made this for lunch this week. Used my dutch oven *just got it, LOVE IT* but u can do in a pot or crock pot
    Chicken and Rice "Stewp" (didn't thicken as much as a stew)

1 large, Onions, raw
    1 large, zucchini, includes skin, raw
    6 stalk large (11"-12" long), Celery, raw
    2 cup, Grated Carrot
    Cut these to uniform size to help ensure even cooking. Put into a dutch oven
    Add
    24 oz, Chicken Breast (Skinless,boneless) (2 breasts, not cut up)
    2 cup (8 fl oz), Water - Municipal
    3 cup, Soup - Stock, chicken, home-prepared
    1 teaspoon, Crushed Red Chili Pepper Flakes
    2 tsp, Pickling Spice
    (I put these spices in a tea ball so that I wouldn't have to strain it later)
    1 1/2 tsp Spices - Salt, table
    2 tsp Spices - Pepper, black
    Put into 375 oven for 45 minutes.
    Take it out and remove chicken. Shred or cube and return to the pot.

In a skillet, melt
    3 Tbsp., Unsalted Butter
    then add a little at a time
    0.50 cup, Wheat flour, white, all-purpose, enriched, bleached
    once it is all combined and you have a thick paste, add
    0.75 cup, Milk - Reduced fat, 2% milkfat
    and mix well with a wisk.

Add this to the dutch oven and return to the oven for another 30 minutes.
    (Next time I think I'll add some of the soup instead of as much milk, keeping the calories lower)
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    simple blackened chicken
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is just 1/4-1/3 cup equal parts of honey and dijon mustard with a little bit of dried rosemary or thyme and some fresh cracked pepper. Pour over the chicken and bake until it's done.

My husband does this concoction of artichokes, mushrooms, fresh basil, capers, and roasted red peppers with a little bit of beer all with the chicken in the oven. Comes out freakin' amazing every single time.

Store bought or homemade BBQ, carolina BBQ, wing sauce, jerk, enchilada sauce, etc always come out well and are super easy.
  • elaineamj
    elaineamj Posts: 347 Member
    Options
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    elaineamj wrote: »

want in my face hole!

recipe saved, will make soon...thx!
  • erinc5
    erinc5 Posts: 329 Member
    Options