Starting Insanity tomorrow...How do I log the exercise?

Options
hey. = )
im new to this site.
ive been trying to loose weight for awhile and i think im in the right place mentally to actually act on it.

ive gotten the Insanity workout...which I plan to do the fit test tonight..or tomorrow morning and start the first full out workout tomorrow night.
i'm pumped

but i wonder how to log the insanity workouts into my exercise log.
if anyone that has done insanity can give advice it'd be amazing.

thanks.

Replies

• timeforme23
    timeforme23 Posts: 461
    Options
    You need a Heart Rate Monitor. Thats the only accurate count you're going to get ESPECIALLY with Insanity. I have a Polar F40 and love it. Im doing turbo fire :-)
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing that program but I wear a HRM and manually log in the calories.
  • sportsjunkee70
    sportsjunkee70 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    MFP has an estimated caloric burn so you can just type in insanity and you should find some results. I went out and bought a calorie counter (body bugg) so I could get an accurate reading. You can also get a heart rate monitor too. Either way I hope you enjoy Insanity.. .it is intense. I am going on day 5 tomorrow
  • olivegirlx3
    Options
    I just started Insanity too and don't have a HRM...I just used circuit training General as a guide for calories...I have a feeling I am burning more than that though :) Good luck with Insanity!
  • rvegagee01
    Options
    Hey, I'm new to this site too, and I've also done Insanity and P90X work outs, which are really intense, but they work if you stick with it. I just started back on my fitness routine and I do a variety of things to keep from getting bored.

I'm also excited about this extra help I get by keeping tabs of how many calories I consume everyday, but I'm like you. Sometimes I can't find an entry that matches my activity levels. I hope someone can shed some light.

Any way, just wanted to say hello and tell you that you are not alone on this journey!

Welcome! :)
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I highly, HIGHLY recommend investing in a HRM. I bought one specifically because I was starting Insanity and I wanted an accurate burn. Best fitness investment I've made! Otherwise, I might have logged it as "Aerobics, High Impact", that will probably get you the closest estimate.
  • thebutteredtoast
    Options
    I'm doing insanity too (day 3 tomorrow) and I just googled what the average calorie burn was for each individual exercise and I've been using that since I don't have the money to get a HRM at the moment. It's been working fine for me.

Good luck with Insanity, it is intense! Just remember to take a break when you need to!
  • kikour
    Options
    Hi

I do p90x. When I started two years ago. I bought a Polard Bluetooth HRM strap and transmitter which connect to your iPhone or iPad via Bluetooth and a digitfit app call iiBiker. They both work great, you can see your progress, calories burned and more.

It also download your workouts to My a Fitness Pal, give it a try. I highly recommend it.

If you have any questions, msg me. I will try to help you.

Kiko
  • intangiblemango
    intangiblemango Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I log as "circuit training" and manually enter what my heart rate monitor says. If you don't have a heart rate monitor, I definitely recommend getting one, but you might also want to check out the Insanity Calories Burned calculator here: http://insanitycalories.com

As long as you are not eating back your calories (or eating back a relatively small percentage) it doesn't matter if there is some fuzziness.