Diets, exercise, and losing weight? Huh? Idk about this.

Options
I have finally become tired of the way I look, feel and the way people see me. I'm overweight, always tired and just flat out depressed about it. I'm determined to get this excess weight off of me.

Determination and will power can only get you so far. It's about support, in order to be successful, you need as much support as possible.

My first goal is to lose 40 lbs by the start of summer.

If any of you out there need some extra support from someone who needs extra support, I'm here for you.

Let's do this, let's make ourselves better for ourselves and let's impress everyone who thinks we can't!

Replies

• Kkourt_Love
    Kkourt_Love Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    If anyone has any recipe tips for successful weight loss or any excise plans that work, comment or ads as friend and let's work together to make ourselves better! :)
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Forty pounds is a pretty aggressive goal for your time frame. Don't set yourself up for failure by choosing something unlikely to be accomplished.

How much do you have to lose? Age, sex, height, weight?
  • Kkourt_Love
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I need to lose a total of 60lbs, I think 10lbs per month until June is possible for my 40lb goal. I have colon health issues my Dr's want me to get to at least a max weight of 155-165. I'm 25, 5'9 and weigh 216 lbs.
  • ren3liz
    ren3liz Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hello! Feel free to friend me. I have 30lb to go, started needing to lose 40lb. Just take it one day, one week at a time. :)

Summer is 4 months away at least. You may not lose 40 by then, but you can damn sure be well on your way!
  • ren3liz
    ren3liz Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    P.s. If you legitimately have anyone in your life that "thinks you can't" I suggest you keep them at a healthy distance :)
  • Kkourt_Love
    Options
    ren3liz wrote: »
    P.s. If you legitimately have anyone in your life that "thinks you can't" I suggest you keep them at a healthy distance :)

I completely agree, it was just a generalized statement. I have a great support at home, I live with my boyfriend and he decided to help support me by exercising with me everyday. :smile:
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    kourtdork wrote: »
    I need to lose a total of 60lbs, I think 10lbs per month until June is possible for my 40lb goal. I have colon health issues my Dr's want me to get to at least a max weight of 155-165. I'm 25, 5'9 and weigh 216 lbs.

With only 60 pounds to lose, a goal of 2.5 pounds per week would great an overly aggressive calorie deficit that could eat into your lean muscle mass. Try setting your weekly weight loss goal for 1.5 pounds per week and see how you feel eating that many calories. Once you get under 50 pounds, change your goal to 1 pound per week.
  • catsrule308
    catsrule308 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 20 pounds by summer
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Keep carbs below 100 grams/day. :)