My willpower is terrible.

Options
Just began with this app and looking for support.

Replies

• wishfullthinking79
    wishfullthinking79 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I am also new...
  • klo534
    klo534 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hiya and welcome. I am relatively new here and just "recovered" from my first fall down. Picking myself back up though. Best of luck with your journey. The support on this site is great!
  • Shesaleo18
    Shesaleo18 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Iv found ever since having kids my willpower is near non existent
  • Quaters
    Quaters Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Just began with this app and looking for support.

I will support you
  • J383
    J383 Posts: 4,573 Member
    Options
    Welcome to add me. I am around daily.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    All human willpower us finite. Dieting based in willpower won't work.
    Instead, plan and strategize. Note times you over eat and what your food up to that point has been. I fill up on high protein, high fiber foods and vegetables. That can make eating anything else less appealing because my gut is already full.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Willpower takes time and practice. It can be learned. Something to consider is if your defect is too low. If it is too low, you feel hungry all the time and those treats are that much more tempting. Another thing is, are you allowing yourself some treats? I usually get in a little ice cream each day now, it helps me learn to fit it in with my goals and I don't feel deprived anymore. It has taken a long time to get to the point of being able to have ice cream in the house without eating the whole tub though. I started by bringing in single serving containers and building from there.

The key here is to find balance. You don't need to deprive yourself, just cut back. I find proteins and fats keep me feeling full longer, and large quantities of veg can fill your belly, provide vitamins and fibre with fewer calories but tend to not stay with you as long. Play around with it until you find what works for you. I know it's not as easy as it sounds, but with time and practice you will figure it out.

If you haven't already, there are some threads at the top of the getting started and general diet boards titled Most Helpful Posts. Lots of great reading and incredibly helpful! I highly recommend reading them. Best of luck to you.
  • dawlfin318
    dawlfin318 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Shesaleo18 wrote: »
    Iv found ever since having kids my willpower is near non existent

Have you tried kicking the sugar and simple carb habit? I find I can stay on my diet by getting off the sugar roller coaster. I also eat healthy fats.

Sugar fueled energy boosts have an equal and opposite reaction by creating sugar lows shortly afterward.These lows make you feel crappy and very hungry . Get rid of the "low fat" foods. Sugar is added to these products to make up for the fact that it will taste horrible.

Choose nutrient dense superfoods. See what happens.
  • motivated2419
    motivated2419 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I am on here alit I post motivational quotes everyday. Feel free to add me